• snowbird
    snowbird

http://bibleresources.bible.com/bible_message.php

[Then they'll start calling to the mountains, 'Fall down on us!']

You and I.

Sylvia

• Gregor
    Gregor

So, what does this mean to some innocent child trapped under a slab of concrete in Haiti right now as we discuss all this la de da?

We are sending the few bucks we can afford but, wow, if I was God....

PS oops, just noticed the flaw in my statement. The child is not "innocent". He has inherited Adams sin so tough shit for him/her. Just have to wait on pie in the sky in the sweet by and by.

PSS. How does this jibe with the parable of the Good Samaritan?

Thanks for the TP

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Natural "disasters" have noting to do with God or God supposed "will".

• snowbird
    snowbird

[So, what does this mean to some innocent child trapped under a slab of concrete in Haiti right now as we discuss all this la de da?]

Nothing, but you brought up something about wiping your butt with the explanations of "delusional Christians."

I showed you the reason I believe we ALL - "delusional Christians" included - are going to be facing similar situations.

I also went by the Red Cross office to leave a donation; it felt mighty good.

Sylvia

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Yes they do Sac, in the context of this discussion.

God could stop them, prevent the pain and death and suffering if he wanted to.

Jeff

• Chalam
    Chalam

I prayed on my knees for God to speak to me, and give me direction.

I did the same to Jesus.

A short time later,and I mean frighteningly short, a JW called on me, with the specific purpose of getting me back in it. Nobody else called,not even a still small voice inside me.

What do all yous'e make of that. Especially you Christians. It is perfectly true too, not just made up for the purpose of debate.

So are you asking if God sent the JWs round?

Surely you have seen enough to know the WT is in no way "God's organisation"?

Are you willing to base your eternal faith on a chance meeting or sound biblical beliefs?

If you do meet them again, ask them some question about Jesus. Here are some huge problems with the WT teachings.

1. Jesus was resurrected as a "spirit creature". The bible speaks directly against the WT teaching Luke 24:39
    2. Jesus is the Mediator only for the "144, 000". The bible speaks directly against the WT teaching 1 Timothy 2:5
    3. Jesus is "a god". The bible speaks directly against the WT teaching Matthew 1:23 Genesis 1:1 John 1:1-3 Hebrews 1:3 Philippians 2:6
    4. Jesus is the angel Michael. The bible speaks directly against the WT teaching Hebrews 1:5
    5. Jesus has other sheep and they remain two flocks who have two different eternal hopes. The bible speaks directly against the WT teaching John 10:16 Ephesians 4:4-6 Revelation 21:1-3
    6. Jesus is not the door, the way, the path but the WT is. The bible speaks directly against the WT teaching John 10:7 John 10:9 John 14:6
    7. Jesus is not the only name to call upon but "Jehovah" is. The bible speaks directly against the WT teaching Acts 4:12 Acts 10:43 Luke 24:46-48 John 20:31 John 1:12 1 John 3:23 1 John 5:13

I am sure you will some sparks fly if you don't swallow their heresy whole or push them to go beyond their non-answers or subject switching.

Talk about Jesus and you will hear from the Holy Sprit. He comes to bear witness to Christ, just as Christians do John 14:26 John 15:26

Blessings,

Stephen

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Yes they do Sac, in the context of this discussion.
    God could stop them, prevent the pain and death and suffering if he wanted to.
    Jeff

You see, I don't know if it is a case of "want to", Imean, we all beleive in the laws and rules of physics and I think that God, in creating them also made it so that even he is "subject" to them.

We know that these "disaters" are naturally occuring events, they happen for a reason and that reason superceedes OUR wants and perhaps even God's "wants".

Yes, I too would like it for God to make the suffering to go away and to make it all better, who wouldn't?

I just don't think it is up to God, though I wish it was.

• Gregor
    Gregor

You see, I don't know if it is a case of "want to", Imean, we all beleive in the laws and rules of physics and I think that God, in creating them also made it so that even he is "subject" to them.

Seems to me the Bible is pretty plain that He can do whatever He pleases with His creation. The flood, the plagues on Egypt, not to mention the many 'miracles' of Jesus, including bringing a stinking cadaver back to life.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

And do you view the bible as fact and infalliable?

• Gregor
    Gregor

I brought up the Bible reference for your benefit, PSac. You had just invented a new doctrine (see above) and seemed to be taking it out for a spin. I guess the rule is that if you want to believe in God, there are no rules.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit