Christian Arrogance

by startingover 104 Replies latest jw friends

• startingover
    startingover

Maybe arrogance is not the right word but I can find no other that describes what I see. The idea expressed by some christians on this board is that somehow god specifically chose them.

I'll quote Perry as an example as his post inspired this thread.

Jeff, I've spoken to you previously about what God has done for me. He restored my ability to love and to trust. He gave me a new family. He made himself known to me. I no longer have to worry about whether or not he exists. I no longer need worry about death, judgment or about getting my needs met. Millions of others will tell you similar testimonies.

Why didn't god choose me? or Jeff? Please don't take this question as if I feel I am missing something because I don't. I just don't care for the arrogance.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'm choosing not to group one persons arrogance with everyone who believes in an afterlife. But hey, that's just me.

Frankly, as a group, I just don't see it at all.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

For every arrogant Christian there is a humble christian, just like for every arrogant atheist there is a humble one.

Funny how that works.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Hi Startingver (My reply to yourChristian Arrogence)

Divide the some (Christians) multiply it by a thousand and then you have an army.I think most christians on this board are more silent than arrogenet. (A silent army)

Iam agnostic.

Acolytes.

• snowbird
    snowbird

As I read the opening words, this immediately came to mind:

Matthew 11:16 -19 "How can I account for this generation? The people have been like spoiled children whining to their parents, 'We wanted to skip rope, and you were always too tired; we wanted to talk, but you were always too busy.' John came fasting and they called him crazy. I came feasting and they called me a lush, a friend of the riffraff. Opinion polls don't count for much, do they? The proof of the pudding is in the eating." MSG.

Tee hee hee.

Sylvia

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Christian Arrogance"

After Shave..

Man putting on aftershave

........................ ...OUTLAW

• snowbird
    snowbird

Great pic, Outlaw.

A man with chest hair.

About time!

Sylvia

• acolytes
    acolytes

Hi Snowbird

Why? Did mat 11:16-19 ( I didnt get it)

Acolytes

• moshe
    moshe

A large mega church in california reported that 10% of it's members were out of work- which just happens to be about the national unemployment rate. It would seem that Christians (or any religion) get no extra help from God when it comes to keeping a job. As far as an unemployed Christian's needs getting met, it is Caesar who more than likely meets those needs, not God.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi, Acolytes.

The point is that you just can't please some people.

Perry is accused of arrogance because he gratefully testified what God has done for him - he also gave JWN its due.

What else?

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit