Song Book changes - the 'real' reason behind them - EYE OPENING

by EndofMysteries 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"Just heard about this yesterday and explanation given to me was "the old songs were to similar to church songs". My BS detector went off and of course found the real truth."

I was told this same excuse for the last book change

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

in my hall they were having special meetings to "practice" these songs before they were officially in the schedule.

i hope all of us closet apostates boycott these and stand there silent (ala flag salute type).

in my hall there are about 3-5 unbaptized ones, and i would only wish they see this before the dunk! stupid stupid stupid

• JWalker
    JWalker

following SACOLTON post 3225 :

I’m not a JW, but some of my parents are.

I almost got all I know about that cult as your fervent reader : Thanks all for what you’re teaching me.

Today, I’ve a question on the somehow frightening “unforgivable sin” the Gospels warn us about*.

So, I would like to know what the self-proclaimed GB as the Holy Spirit’s voice on Earth does say about that “sin” ?

Thanks.

*cf. Matt 12.21-32 ; Mk 3.28-30 and Lu 12.10.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Wow, I'm glad I didn't stick around to sing these new, even more terrible songs. Even the old songs were beginning to really grate on me when I started mentally exiting the group.

• 4thefaithful
    4thefaithful

If anyone noticed this change I didn't see the comment but...

Did anyone notice the Title change?

The old book was "Sing Praises to Jehovah"

The new book is now "Sing to Jehovah"

By taking out the word "Praises" they can essentially sing about anything as long as it is "to Jehovah". (like praises about the Governing Body and the elders sung "to Jehovah") I can just picture the GB having a big laugh when they figured out they could get away with this...

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Thought this thread deserved a bump, I don't know how I missed this when it first came out. I did hear of the new songbook when it came out but just figured there were some new songs.

The mind control of this cult is so obvious it's too bad so many are still trapped

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    The SECOND VERSE.......HUGE!!! Old book - "In his place each one be heeding, what Christ Jesus has to say" - NEW ONE -> "Stay alert to Christ's direction, Through his faithful slave today, heed the counsel of the older men"

Songs in the new JW hymnal using the phrase "faithful slave" = 1

• No. 43 Stay Awake, Stand Firm, Grow Mighty

Songs in the old JW hymnal using the phrase "faithful slave" = 1

• No. 114 God's Loyal Love

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit