Song Book changes - the 'real' reason behind them - EYE OPENING

by EndofMysteries 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• littlebird
    littlebird

Oh my goodness, I saw the new one on my husbands nightstand. I thought maybe they may have taken out the songs that the brother (the name escapes me) who went apostate wrote, now I see from the previous responses they are actually slipping in worship of the FDS in there. DISGUSTING!

I think I will get out an old one, and highlight the changes and leave it for him to see.

• oompa
    oompa

i got in the car of one of my jw employees the other day...a company car...to go to the post office.....DAMM i nearly wrecked when i turned on the radio and kingdom melodies came blaring out!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....who the hell would listen to that while driving???????????.....my jwnazi manager...thats who....oompa

i had shakes the rest of the day

• Oceanblue
    Oceanblue

Wow, I'm going to have a hard time singing these songs knowing that now my singing them will be outright worship to the GB

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is blatant worship to the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. Bad enough to worship Jehovah through the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger--now they want us to worship the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger itself. Seems this is the theme throughout most of the changes.

All the while, for a "Christian" religion, where's Jesus? According to their own doctrine, Jesus made the whole thing possible by coming to Earth to die for our sins (whether or not it is true is another story--the religion claims it is). Suppose, according to Washtowel doctrine, Jesus would have not willfully came down to die for us? Where would the Washtowel Slaveholdery be? At least other Christian denominations, that claim Jesus' sacrifice was necessary for us to have a hope, put Jesus in his place for offering this. The witlesses are denying this provision (though they still claim it was necessary), instead putting their faith on the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger that did not make any sacrifice whatsoever.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Old book - "In his place each one be heeding, what Christ Jesus has to say" - NEW ONE -> "Stay alert to Christ's direction, Through his faithful slave today, heed the counsel of the older men"

That's quite disturbing. This change is very cultish. It's nothing short of idolatry really, proof that the Society deliberately puts themselves in the place of Jesus Christ, seeking the honour for themselves that Christians are meant to give Jesus.

When Jesus said "Come to me..." what does that mean to a JW? They think it means to obey the Governing Body and "heed their counsel."

Sad.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

It's been awhile since I've stepped foot into a KH, so I haven't laid my hands on one of these songbooks yet. But reading some of the changes is so telling about their true motivation and agenda. I felt like some who have posted, sickened, mainly for the family and friends I still have "inside".

And speaking about disturbing and creepy, have you ever been to a JW camping trip where everyone is sitting around the fire singing Kingdom Songs??? The last one I was on, and this happened, I literally got chills. It was so overwhelmingly cultish.

• moshe
    moshe

"through his faithful slave"?- just who the H*ll is that? It's supposed to be a large group of annointed, so where are all these people and how do the give direction anyway? If they are as old as the 1935 sealing says they should be, then they are so old they can't even find there way to the bathroom without help. It's all just a big fairly tale.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Moshe, there was a recent KoolAid WT on that very subject. The FDS is all of the (growing number) of anointed BUT ONLY the GB "represent" the rest of them and are appointed to distribute spiritual food to the rest of the JWs. The other anointed are FDS in name only...the article was specific in bringing out that they rank below the "other sheep" elders. So basically, for all practical purposes there is no FDS but the 9 goobers on the GB. The other anointed aren't considered as anything different than the rank and file JW. I almost puked during that study.

• littlebird
    littlebird

I went through the book a little last night, they removed verses and changed quite a bit of wording. Some of them were changed so much, they may have just as well done away with the whole song. I suppose the removing of verses is to shorten up singing time, I guess. Ugh, I cant remember the song, but jesus heavenly throne was changed to kingly throne. Has anyone else found any more substancial changes?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It should have been entitled Propaganda Melodies... Sing These or Die!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit