1975 For Deniers

by Farkel 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dgp
    dgp

I found this in You Tube. I wasn't there, so I can't say whether this is the voice of Fred Franz. But I'm sure one of you people can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaXbBVVoeEQ

Fred Franz said it: "...is this year, 1975, the final year, the last year before the Great Tribulation breaks and reaches its climax in the battle of the Great Day of God the Almighty at Armageddon...?"

"... at sundown, on September the 5th the lunar year of 1975 ends. So you see we haven't got much left to this year 1975. It's gonna end at sundown of September the 5th, and then immediately after September the 5th why the Millenial Kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ MUST BEGIN in order to fulfill the final thousand years of God's Great Seventh Creative Day...

and they're expecting the Great Tribulation to occur, and the destruction of Babylon the Great, and the annhilation of all the political systems of this world, and then the binding of Satan and his demons... to occur before this year is ended, this year 1975, and immediately thereafter the thousand-year reign of the Lord Jesus Christ to begin..."

• Farkel
    Farkel

Yeah, that was Freddie at the beginning, followed by Charles Sunutko.

Farkel

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Good post.

So, this begs the question, is not the "6 month-and-drop-them" policy solid empirical evidence that the WTS wanted members to be deadly serious about 1975 and give their lives, treasures and souls to the service of the WTS to that end?

This reminded me of what they did in the early to mid 90's. For the longest you had to take a study thru 2 books before they got baptized (or be considered strong enough in the truth.)

In the 90 they made this big push that people could be baptized sooner and you only had to take them thru 1 book. I believe this was around the time the knowledge book came out. Based on your quote above I wonder was that push in the 90's another gesture of thirs pointing to the belief the world would end before the 2000's got here?

Of course they will never really come out and admit and end date, but we know they will hint like a mutha.

• nugget
    nugget

I was 10 in 1975 and still remember the fear for the whole year in case the end came. I had a Dad and Grandparents who were not in the organisation and I thought they were all going to die. If a child could pick up the vibe for the year and believe it to be true then I have no reason to doubt that the adults in my life had told me this was what was going to happen.

I don't remember anyone telling me to wait and see.

Later you doubt yourself it is refreshing to find out that I wasn't a 10 year old rushing ahead of received teaching.

• Walkin
    Walkin

Farkel, ( Clint Eastwood has a saying "Go ahead make my day" ) You always make my day, I have read all of your topics over the years from 2002 to the present and have shared the information with others.

I think that they will always in some shape or form have dates to play with to keep newer ones and diehard older ones captive to "The Carrot" That carrot has been their lure forever. They got ten more years to play with, 2012, 2014, 2019.

They got Satan, and war broke out in heaven, Michael and his angels battled with Satan and his angels. Earth's been a hell-hole long before this. ( and in some places earth has been a paradise )

1939 - 2039, 100 years since the door to heaven has been shut and then open. On and on it goes, many broken hearted ones still to come.

Thank you for all the efforts you have made over the years. Keep the music playing.

Walkin

• Mary
    Mary

Here's another speech featuring Freddie-the-Frog-Franz as he goes off on tangents about 1975. His shrill voice reminds me of listening to a slightly mad Grade 1 teacher:

Freddie's Speech

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I was baptized in 1968, and shortly thereafter was accepted to university. I was very torn knowing that "the world would end" shortly after I graduated with my bachelor's degree, but I was "selfish and didn't trust in Jah" and went ahead with my schooling. You would of thought I stood in defiance of God himself by going that route...I was constantly reminded how spiritually weak I was and how my short term thinking would bring me bad fruitage in 1975. The janitors who ridiculed me for making that decision are still scrubbing toilets (not that there is anything wrong with that!) and I have lived a comfortable life thanks to a good job and planning for the future.

I also remember the fervor after Sinutko's talk about "Stay Alive till '75"...I am VERY fortunate I didn't completely drink that Kool-Aid, but it did take me another 20 years to completely walk away...

Thanks for the reminder Farkel!

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

And I remember dropping a couple of Bible Studies I had for not "progressing quickly enough through the "Truth" book....sheesh!

• restrangled
    restrangled

Mary, that talk by Franz gave me the "willies". Not only his voice, and obvious making it up as he went along, but the laughter and clapping about, "This is all we can say" (snicker, snicker)....straight from the GB.

It was like saying, We all know whats going to happen THIS FALL IN 1975, and too bad for you if you don't listen to us. We will watch as you die and be eaten by all the birds in heaven. Take that you naysayers and criticizers of our direct line to god. You will all soon be dead..... YEAAAAAA !!!!!CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, LAUGH LAUGH.....SHHHHH....WE NEVER SAID A WORD.

• dgp
    dgp

Well, tenyears, those guys got lucky :-). The only good thing about 1975, maybe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit