1975 For Deniers

by Farkel 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

flipper,

: Isn't it amazing that the WT society will change their arguments once they see their failed predictions fall flat on their face ?

Perhaps the most insane example of this is what the WT publications have said (decades later) about the sister failure of 1975, namely the massive failure of the 1925 prediction. Keep in mind that during the 1925 frenzy Da Grudge said that we can even be more certain of the 1925 date than of the flood of Noah's day! (Turns out he was right: neither event happened!)

What do the the Watchtower leaders today say about the 1925 fiasco? They tacitly admit it was a failure, but justify it by saying it was actually a good thing because of how excited and enthusiastic and zealous the brothers became because of it!

Now THAT is balls-out hubris!

As I stated, WT leaders are the most cynical religious assholes imaginable.

Farkel

• moshe
    moshe

I saw it all unfold from about 1971 onward. Kids dropping out of highschool, quikie marriages at 18 years of age, then off to pioneer-land for them. One elder left a great job at Ford, I believe and came to our pitiful KH to help out, then he went into the circuit work, one brother separted from his opposing wife, by moving into the garage and setting up a makeshift apt- the end was near and he wasn't going to let her drag him down, then when 1975 came and went he was too proud to admit he had screwed up- They tried to talk me into giving up my electrician apprenticeship and going into business with a brother, then a couple years later the push came to move to bethel on the construction crew as an , electrician! I heard of families being postponed until it was too late to even have one by the time the 80's came. Elders saying x-number of months remain in this old system during talks, Co's giving scary, "only a few months are left, get busy in the work", stuff.

I have caught a number of older JW sisters lying about 1975 in front of their new sister partners while out in service. They are very hard to pin down and have developed selective amnesia about their participation in the 1967-1975 circus. We now know that people can actually rewrite their unpleasant past memories to the point that the new bogus recollections are the real ones to them.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I know this video has been posted before but I thought it would be appropriate on this thread.

One thing that I found disturbing in this talk is the violent tone of most of it,

I was in my early teens when talks like this were presented, and for young children to hear this

must have scared the shit out of most of them listening. Very cruel and apathetic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIEZx74P5ck&feature=player_embedded

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I distinctly remember our CO, John Caister, almost shout from the platform, "The Society was not wrong about 1914, and it will NOT be wrong about 1975!" A few months later on his next visit, he said exactly the same thing. That was about 1969-1970.

Many old timers are the victims of a disease called "collective amnesia."

• Farkel
    Farkel

That Sunutko audio still gives me the creeps! They couldn't even make a horror movie about the subject matter because the subject matter is worse than any horror movie one could ever conceive.

Farkel

• RR
    RR

The problem is, you'll NEVER find the Society's publicationd where they states, 1975 was the end of this system of things. There are inferences, but nothing solid

• Farkel
    Farkel

RR,

:The problem is, you'll NEVER find the Society's publicationd where they states, 1975 was the end of this system of things. There are inferences, but nothing solid

You DO know what empirical evidence is, don't you? That was the whole purpose of the material in my thread.

There is more than one way to skin a false religion, and deductive reasoning is not the only one.

BTW, Happy Birthday old friend and fellow WT opposer!

Farkel

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Thank you, Farkel.

I remember.

• RR
    RR

The problem farkel is that the Society has ways of spinning things and any brain dead JW will not see or accept what you say or show them, unless it says "1975 Armageddon"

• Farkel
    Farkel

I have tears in my eyes as I write this. It all comes back to me in a well-spring of emotion just how evil that whole decade was.

I am still so saddened by the lives that were trashed, ruined, devastated by this evil, EVIL Watchtower "game" called "1975." It was a game for them. It was REAL for us. They benefited. We lost. Some lost everything: marriages, families, their health, homes, jobs, pensions, savings, EVERYTHING.

Only the Watchtower Corporation won. They got the new members, they got their money, their service to the printing Corporation from the new recruits, their lives, if even for a short time. THEY WON!

Then when those new recruits left because the WT Corporation lied, the WT Corporation said this: "they were only serving for a DATE" (a Date THEY printed and promoted!)

Need I say cynical and arrogant assholes again?

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit