1975 For Deniers

by Farkel 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quentin
    Quentin

It's nice to see my observations still get some attention.I was recently wondering if I made any difference anymore...I'm battle-scarred and a little tired. Maybe I've lost some of my spunk. I don't know... (Farkel )

Haven't been around as long as others have, but I knows this, you does make a difference.......Heh, heh, heh reading your back topics there's no doubt you has the spunk, as to getting tired, that I can relate to....

1975 must be kept to the forefront in order to discredit the old fellas in Brooklyn...( Heartofaboy ) That is a topic to rub their faces in every chance we get....

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One conclusion that can drawn about the WTS. publishing house is that they have the power to lie, manipulate, coerce,

and exploit people to the betterment of itself. All with god's loving approval of course

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I was recently wondering if I made any difference anymore...

Sure you are your saving peoples lives.....litterly !

Humanity thanks you in your efforts Mr. Alfred E. Newman

• Farkel
    Farkel

I would like to add an epilogue to my own thread:

Fred Franz is long dead. Nathan Knorr is long dead. Milton Henschel is long dead. Lyman Swingle is long dead. Ted Jaracz is dead. John Sinutku is 93 and is probably brain dead. Oh, wait! He was always braindead!

And we are all still alive and here, and Armageddon isn't!

Yipppeeee!

Farkel, Not Serving For a Date CLASS

• Ding
    Ding

I'm surprised the WTS hasn't blamed the 1975 debacle on apostates at Bethel.

Or have they?

• funnyface
    funnyface

And we are all still alive and here, and Armageddon isn't!

Yipppeeee

Farkel!!!!I dont know for how long. But if I go to where They are
    I will give them your love

Great to have you posting again I missed ya!!!!

Mouthy.Funnyface.Undeserved kindness

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

My Dad passed away nearly 4 years ago. He was a faithful JW for many years. When I was first born, he was DF'd. That was in 1972. He was reinstated about 1974 or so. He was kind of careful about putting the organization ahead of Jehovah. I remember having conversations with him about 1975.

In about 1993 or 94 or so, there was a WT study article that mentioned 1975 and how the society never claimed that armageddon would come in that year, and that those who believed it would were running ahead of Jehovah. My dad said "The society says they never claimed the end would come in 1975.....but they did."

I've always respected the way my dad and others were faithful Christians, and although they were witnesses, they never put blinders on. They believed Jehovah was and is the ultimate judge and our dedication is to him and him alone, not to an organization.

It is clear to me that one need not be a member of the WTBTS to be acceptable to God. They have pushed ahead of God more times than any of the rank and file members. With their predictions of 1914, 1925, 1975, and by the end of the 20th century. However, I do believe that a Christian is acceptable to God if he is a Witness or any other religion and lives his life as a Christian.

Just my 2 cents worth.

• funnyface
    funnyface

However, I do believe that a Christian is acceptable to God if he is a Witness or any other
    religion and lives his life as a Christian

I agree whole heartedly

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

BUMPED.

Thanks Farkel!

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

@ Aussie Oz, who said this on the previous page (post 1078),

"I had forgotten this old post of mine... i learned since that this was NOT a quote from the awake, rather a quote of someone talking of the time.

I feel i must make this humble correction to my previous ignorant statement!"

Actually, the magazine you cited (Awake! 10-8-1966) says something pretty close to what you quoted.

How Much Longer Will It Be? (article on p17)

6,000 Years Completed in 1975 (subheading p19)

Then, paragraph 7 says,

"In what year then would the first 6,000 years of man's existence and also the first 6,000 years of God's rest day come to an end? The year 1975.* This is worthy of notice, particularly in view of the fact that the "last days" began in 1914, and that the physical facts of our day in fulfillment of prophecy marks this as the last generation of this wicked world. So we can expect the immediate future to be filled with thrilling events for those who rest their faith in God and his promises."

(footnote) * See the book Life Everlasting - In Freedom of the Sons of God , Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, pages 29-35.

The words are only slightly different from what you quoted, but the meaning is the same!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit