1975 For Deniers

by Farkel 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

classic, reminds me of officespace barbara

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

There is truly corruption in high places.

Adam was created in 4026 BCE. this is a lie of the biggest order since its completely impossible by use of the bible or

any other means to make this exact calculation.

When men are playing with the power of god in their hands they create a stumbling folly of themselves,

in trying to validate this proposal.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Barbara - Thanks for the information regarding Harry Peloyan. Is he still around?

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

As far as I know he still is, and according to SS, he's not listed yet.

• whereami
    whereami

Spirit directed my a**!!!!

• Quentin
    Quentin

1975 was turned inside out. It was talked about, talked about and talked about. It was a constant topic of conversation when more than one jw was present.

Although the wt had not, at the time, settled on 1975 as THE DATE they had published a book, late forties, early fifties, with a chornology chart that infused the 6000 years of human existance with 1974 as the date for the end of the 6000 year period. Found that book in my grandmother's small library, along with H W Armstrong publications. Don't remember the title. The book was regular size, yellow in color with red lettering on the cover and yes, it was awtbts publication, not Armstrong. Have asked several times if anyone recalls the book, no one has, so far.

Of course could be wrong about the book description and time period it was published. From the time of Russlle to FW Franz, with keen interest, the tower had been smothered with Bible chornology and the setting of dates.

Didn't read the whole thread, so apologize if this is a re-hash of points made. I was 18yrs old in 1968, along with family and close jw friends we quivered with anticapation for 1975 to come on and get here!!. Knew families that pulled up stakes, lost BIG time everything they had, went into the bush, relentlesly preaching wt belief, converting all they could get their hands on into wt members. The wtbts made a lot of coin before this fiasco was over.

• Ding
    Ding

In 1982, I asked an elder about 1975. His line was, "My service to Jehovah isn't tied to a date."

I said, it sure was back in 1972 when I was studying with the Watchtower. If you had stood up in the KH and said, "Brothers and sisters, don't make too much of the date 1975," you'd have been disfellowshipped!

Besides, what about 1914? If nothing of significance happened in that date, where does that leave the WTS' authority?

Leonard Chretien was a presiding overseer in 1975. What bothered him so much wasn't the fact that the WTS was wrong about the date. It was the way they blamed everything on JWs and THEIR expectations, as though the Society hadn't encouraged people to forego medical treatment, sell their homes in order to pioneer, etc. You can read his account in his book Witnesses of Jehovah.

• garyneal
    garyneal

marked

• Farkel
    Farkel

It's nice to see my observations still get some attention.

I was recently wondering if I made any difference anymore...I'm battle-scarred and a little tired. Maybe I've lost some of my spunk. I don't know.

Farkel

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Keep your chin up Farkel this is a good thread.

1975 must be kept to the forefront in order to discredit the old fellas in Brooklyn.

Also thank you for Barbara, as always your posts contain nuggets of info others just cant obtain.

Hoab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit