Farewell to all

by Amazing 99 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

I already said farewell in my apology post to Julie. But many of you may not have read it since it was specific to her.

I was planning a long farewell statement because I have a number of things I want to share, but decided I would do that in private if anyone wishes. You can reach me at [email protected].

I chose to leave for a number of reasons, and some stated on my last post. But the majority of you are very good people, and I do appreciate you all, and will miss you.

AmazingEx: Thank you so much dear for your kind remarks and coming to provide supporting views and your valueable opinion. You made some great comments, and good reasoning. I love you for that.

LaDonna: Thanks so much for a very fair and balanced review of my "Preface" post. You saw my intent, and stated exactly what I was thinking and feeling.

Simon: Great board, keepo up the good work.
    Englishman: Keep the pub in good shape, and have a beer on me.

All the rest: So many of you I care about and love your material, that I feel bad not taking time to mention each one of you. Please don't feel bad if I have not mentiuoned you. So again, feel free to email me, as I would love to hear from you. Kent, JanH, AlanF, Maximus (now gone from the board), MadApostate, GinnyToskin, LaDonna, and so many others ... you are great people.

My Condescension: To some, I came across as condescending. yes, I know about that weakness. Those who know me personally know that this is not my way, not in my heart of hearts. Some phrases I use work well in the teaching environment. My past and current career involve continued teaching and training of other professionals. Unfortunately, some of the phrases I use in that setting, and some left over JW-speak do not work well in other contexts, such as this forum. I apologize to those who took offense, and hope you all understand that I am a much different person.

So much more to say: I have so many things I would love to address, but I have learned after years on these forums that simplicity and brevity are best. And I am already making this too long.

I hope to hear from some of you in email, and feel free to write anytime. I will miss so many of you. I have learned from many, as a result, I have grown in good ways that I can never repay you. I hope that many of you will feel I gave something worthwhile back in return - You will always be in my thoughts. Thanks. - Amazing

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

But Why? I will really miss your posts......

“Cancel my subscription to the resurrection. Send my credentials to the House of Detention, I got some friends inside.....” The Doors

• waiting
    waiting

Ahhhhhhh, always the bridesmaid, never the bride!

Even though not mentioned (cough), I wish you well and hope you'll pop back in now and again?

Adios and well wishes!

waiting

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Amazing, I will miss you. Please pop in now and then, just to say hello, and to let us know that you are doing ok.

I enjoyed all of your post. You write things in a way that keeps the attention of the reader. I will miss that terribly.

Love to you and your family, Lilacs

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt
  • alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

is this a rite of passage that peeps here go through ?
    is it part of the healing process ?
    why can't people just post less often when they reach this point ?
    i dun understand ...

• teejay
    teejay

For crying out loud...

I hope you at least lurk so that you can see AMNESIAN's response to your three (or was it four) threads.

Good luck, Amazing.
    ------------------------------------------------

alliwanna,

is this a rite of passage that peeps here go through?

Yep... SOME people. Get used to it.

• Pureheart
    Pureheart

Wow Amazing,
    after I get comfortable in here, you leave. Your posts are so informative. Oh well, I have to stop being self-centered. Life moves forward and so should we. Thanks for your very intelligent answers to many of my concerns.

Pureheart

• battman
    battman

It was very thoughtful and kind to make the
    effort and take the time to say goodbye.

Very best wishes on your journey, your time
    here was much appreciated and enjoyed.

love to ya,

battman

• Uncanny
    Uncanny

What's going on around here?

I go away for a few months and come back to visit today, and see a 'Farewell' post from Farkel first-up. Then, lo and behold, now I've just read a goodbye message from another valueable poster shuffling off to Buffalo? (Are these New year's Resolutions being fulfilled or what?)

So at the risk of sounding patronsising, I just want to say "Thank You" Amazing for all the hard work and heartfelt concern you have shown to so many of us over such a long time. I was one of them - from way back in the old H20 days two years ago when posters like you, and AF and Farkel and Kent and Seeker and Focus and Randy and COMF and Ros and Wasa and Jan and You Know helped me to see the Truth about the Trooth. (I disassociated myself very promptly after 20 years of WT psychobabble, thank you very much.)

And so H20 lost its way, and a lot of the old gang made an exodus here to JWD about mid March 2001. I think I signed up the same day as you did, Amazing. Yes, it was a shame how Rick did so much great work for such a long time at H20, and then, unfortunately, he let the stiffling, judgemental JW-mindset of that silly Edler/Cop/Moderator thing slowly destroy that site's relevence. So it was a relief to find Simon and his more user-friendly JW Discussion place permitting a sense of ongoing freedom of speech for all. It obviously still does, but now will only be the poorer from the lack of input by people like yourself and Farkel and AF etc.

Amazing, you have no responsibility to anybody here and I wish you well with your future endeavours. But you should know, before you go, that your hard work, mature insight and vital information - not to mention your love for others - has really aided the often confused and damaged Jehovah's Witnesses who bit the bullet and went looking around the Net for answers one day. I know - I was one of them.

No, you will not be easily forgotten. Because its regular contributers like yourself who can often mean the difference between someone starting a happy, new life or continuing to live a sad and dead one. Thank you, again and again.

Uncanny

• waiting
    waiting

Hello Uncanny,

You have more history on these sites than I do, so perhaps you can explain your post?

Yes, it was a shame how Rick did so much great work for such a long time at H20, and then, unfortunately, he let the stiffling, judgemental JW-mindset of that silly Edler/Cop/Moderator thing slowly destroy that site's relevence. So it was a relief to find Simon and his more user-friendly JW Discussion place permitting a sense of ongoing freedom of speech for all. It obviously still does, but now will only be the poorer from the lack of input by people like yourself and Farkel and AF etc.
    Isn't that an odd thing to post. H20 met it's demise - and lost "people like yourself and Farkel and AF etc." because of those "silly Edler/Cop/Moderator thing." I remember when they came here denouncing (and still do) H20 - and proud that all the fine posters left there. Some ended up here, to our advantage, imho.

But on the other hand, "Simon and his more user-friendly JW Discussion place permitting a sense of ongoing freedom of speech for all" is losing some of these named fine posters......in spite of the freedom that you said caused H20's demise (lack of this freedom).

Care to venture a reason for the seeming oddity you've noticed?

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit