What Are You Reading?

by zoiks 161 Replies latest jw friends

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    I'm halfway through "I'm Perfect, You're Doomed"

Welcome liznicolas! I was looking for that one in the local bookstore, but it wasn't in stock. So my latest reading was John Grisham's The Associate.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

The Short Game Bible by Dave Pelz. Golf.

Also starting The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Sooner, if you find it, pull it out and read (or re-read) "Disney Endings and Otherwise." It is a really good dog story. My brother has found a real niche as an outdoor writer (not surprising if you knew our family).

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

penthouse

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Read a book? i'll wait for the movie thanks.

LoL

That's what I keep telling the kids.

Not read much lately, mainly the newspaper & oh yeah www.jehovahs-witness.net

must start reading again.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

"Journey of Souls" ... and getting more confused by the minute

I read that one a few weeks ago.

BTS

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have been looking into family history and have made a few discoveries. I need visits to a couple of NZ museums to add some details to the new info. I know they don't like people with digital cameras. That could be a problem,

My bedside book is 'Beautiful Losers' by Leonard Cohen. I have had two copies of it stolen by borrowers over the past 30 years and I am not lending this copy. I first found it twenty years ago and it still has tears running down my cheeks with each reading. I bought 'The Favourite Game' a few weeks ago and I am really looking forward to getting time to read it again 30 years later.

• Casper
    Casper

"Journey of Souls" ... and getting more confused by the minute
    I read that one a few weeks ago.
    BTS

I'd love to hear your thoughts on it, Burn. Maybe in a pm, if you have time.

Cas

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

edgar cayce books the divine matrix & the Isaiah effect by Gregg Braden

• tinker
    tinker

Say You're One of Them by Uwem Akpan. Oprah's Book Club selection. Captivating writing but very very sad. Several stories of children in Africa. Violence, abuse, poverty all directed at children=I may not be able to finish this one. Just finished Spooner by Pete Dexter. Funny and heartbreaking at the same time. I want to know more about these characters, dogs and people. Wished it would never end. Our local library Big Read a few months back: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. One of my all time favorite movies. Had never read the book, a great read. Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child, Louisette Bertholle, Simone Beck. Yes I like to read cookbooks. And I recommend one of my favorite books: The Road by Cormac McCarthy. The movie reviews are bad but read the book. Apocalyptic and horror but really just the story of a man and his son, very moving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit