List of Prominent JW Urban Legends...

by Tuesday 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

I guess Tuesday’s video is long since done and dusted, so this won’t be much use to it, but I heard these true stories about a couple of missionaries in deepest Africa back in the 1970s.

One was walking home across open countryside after sunset. He was stalked by some lions and as they were about to pounce, he heard them, panicked and ran towards some trees. The lions gave chase but the missionary jumped for a branch and was able to pull himself up. He stayed there all night, and at sunrise he was amazed to see he was sitting on a branch over 12 feet from the ground. A second missionary had a similar experience but this time it was daylight. He was approached by two lions coming from opposite directions. As he had nowhere to run, he took out his bible, knelt down and prayed to Jehovah. The two lions continued their approach but stopped about six feet away from him and sat down. The missionary, stopped praying, opened his bible and started reading about Daniel in the lion’s den. At that moment the lions pounced and ate him, demonstrating the truth of the old adage, you should never read between the lions.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

"Blood in Wall's ice cream" rumour, vultures hovering over London and Nat King Cole going out in field service, shortly before he died puffing on 60 ciggies a day.. Mickey Spillane baptised and, finally and best of all, the demonic accompaniment to the Ketchup song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0PisGe66mY

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    After all these years, I still think the top spot is held by the one about the Smurf doll coming alive and attacking a JW kid.
  • Lemonp
    Lemonp

There is the Myth of

"in WW2 the lions in the London Zoo ate straw, so you see its perfectly reasonable that animals will be vegetarian in the paradise"

Sources? Still have to find any proof!

• under the radar
    under the radar

All the other stuff is patent bullcrap, but Mickey Spillane actually was a baptized Witness and Book Study conductor. Made a big deal about "cleaning up" his life. Eventually, he went back to writing his detective books and was in and out of the Witnesses. I don't know if he was ever officially disfellowshipped or not, but he died in good standing and his memorial service was held at the Kingdom Hall near his home in South Carolina.

Interesting guy. Wish I had met him.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/1999/jul/23/2

http://www.today.com/id/13907199/ns/today-today_books/t/mystery-writer-mickey-spillane-dies/#.VZ1GYHiUk5c

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    "in WW2 the lions in the London Zoo ate straw, so you see its perfectly reasonable that animals will be vegetarian in the paradise"
    Sources? Still have to find any proof!

Heh. That one was doing the rounds in the 50's!

• Simon
    Simon
    in WW2 the lions in the London Zoo ate straw

They came out with that one when I questioned the "Animals learnt to kill from man" Watchtower and how they thought that fit in with intelligent design / evolution.

I think I answered sarcastically "yeah, so animals in the wild starve to death on principle ..."

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

There was this one that I've heard some 30 years ago (apparently originated in South Africa):

A JW woman is married to an unbeliever husband who opposes her relentlessly. But she stands firm in the truth and he apparently gives up. Then the memorial day comes and, out of the blue, the husband offers to drive her to the KH. She is thrilled with his changed attitude, but suddenly her drives her into the bushes instead, forces her out of the car, throws her in the ground and draws a gun, pointing at her head. He says, "This ends today". The sister closes her eyes, waiting for the shot. But instead she hears some strange sounds and the sound of something falling on the ground. She turns and finds her husband's body slashed in slices. The police, after analyzing the body, said the cuts were so precise and perfect that couldn't have been done by a human hand.

Oh, and I also heard from a relative who's a CO, that opera singer Andrea Boccelli started a concert and couldn't sing properly. Then he stopped the performance and addressed the audience asking if there were JW's among them. He then asked them to leave and offered to refund their tickets. The reason was that the demons that would help his singing were unable to do that with JW's in the audience.

Eden

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    She turns and finds her husband's body slashed in slices. The police, after analyzing the body, said the cuts were so precise and perfect that couldn't have been done by a human hand

Gruesome! JWs love their gruesome tales as long as it's seen visually in a movie... lol

• Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y

The reason was that the demons that would help his singing

Ha ha, Andrea Boccelli and his demonic voice!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit