Four die out in service in Texas

by TJ - iAmCleared2Land 51 Replies latest jw friends

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

A real tragedy here yesterday; regardless of our feelings about the religion itself, we lost some good friends and genuinely nice people yesterday; these were some of "the good ones"--why is it always them??

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/accident-80138632.html

SOUTHLAKE — Four people died Saturday after their car flipped over into a six-foot-deep pond in Southlake, police said.

Just before 11:20 a.m. Saturday, the Toyota sedan drove through the intersection of Lonesome Dove Road and Burney Lane, crashed into a metal fence, hit a tree, and landed upside-down in a pond on the grounds of a mansion.

"They came through this stop sign and, from eyewitness accounts, they never slowed down," said neighbor Byron Copeland.

Copeland said the residents of the property raced to try and help. "They were able to get one lady out, and the other three they weren't able to pry the door open to get them out," he said.

Southlake police and paramedics arrived about three minutes later and dove into the water. They rescued one person, and the Grapevine Fire Department dive team helped pull out the others. One was taken to a hospital by air ambulance, and the others were taken by ground.

Monty Hardy, 56, of Southlake and Hadassah Vance, 35, of Euless, died at Baylor Regional Medical Center in Grapevine on Saturday.

Wendy Akion, 38, of Irving and Sharon Ransom, 56, of Grapevine, died early Sunday morning at the same hospital.

Police weren't clear on exactly what led to the tragedy.

"It could be anything from a vehicle malfunction to a driver's error; we don't know," said Southlake police spokesman Officer Roderick Page.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

It could be anything from a mechanical issue (there is a recall out now for Toyota's accelerator pedals getting stuck on the floor mats), to a medical issue, to leftover ice from Thursday's winter blast. Most of the ice and snow has melted, but there are shaded areas that are still slick.

• yknot
    yknot

How sad......

I am sorry for their family's loss

Prayers

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The members are victims, so I am always saddened by such things as this: people dying doing the bidding of WTS.

It's just sad.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Ya know what, . . . I just gotta be honest here, if the tables were turned and me (as in all us Xjdubs) were in an accident an it made the papers and news . . . .since we're all XXX jdubs, you can just imagine what they would say about us, drunk, drugs, left Jah, Etc. etc.,

From my heart I feel know sorrow for people who openly follow a cult and know it,, just my two cents . . .

• cantleave
    cantleave

So very sad.

• zoiks
    zoiks

My heart goes out to their loved ones. How very sad!

• mouthy
    mouthy

How terribly sad ...They thought they were doing right

• Mary
    Mary

Yes, despite what we feel for the religion itself, this is tragic that these 4 people lost their lives like this. Think of the husbands, wives, children, parents, and friends whose lives will never be the same.

I didn't see though where it said that they were out in Service.....did I miss that?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Yes Mary, I hear you totally, but once again going by my experience within the Dubs (and perhaps others feel the same as me) all of ushere on this site have family as well . . . and as I said just think what they would say about us ( left Jah, probably drugs drink etc.) KNOWING FULL WELL THAT THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN THE REAL TRUTH HAVE FAMILY AS WELL !! If you want to know just ONE REASON why I feel this way, as the scripture goes (loosely) "you are known by your works", so when my JW mom died, giving 40 plus yrs of sevice to the same cong, I can count on ONE HAND the number of Dubs who reached out, matter of fact, the one person she wanted to speak at her memorial, which she always said from YEARS before she was ill was someone she considered her son, so I called dear sonny boy and he said he was busy . . . . . . .

Also, I have an aunt that I have absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH, so of course she mentioned to her friends that her sister had passed and that I am her only sibling, I got calls from my aunts friends whom if my life depended on it I could not identily them because I've never met them offering their condolences . . . . . how many Jdubs to you think I heard from . . . . . as it is menioned in the bible YOU ARE KNOWN BY YOUR WORKS ( a loose translation, but you know what i mean)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit