Four die out in service in Texas

by TJ - iAmCleared2Land 51 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

* ** w07 1/15 p. 22 par. 7 Teach What the Bible Really Teaches *** A further reason for suffering is "time and unforeseen occurrence." (Ecclesiastes 9:11) People often experience calamity because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In my area accidents were accidents not a sign of hidden wrongdoing on the part of jws.

*** w07 9/15 p. 5 Why Wickedness Continues ***Revealing another cause of affliction or suffering, Ecclesiastes 9:11 states: "Time and unforeseen occurrence befall [us] all." Jesus Christ spoke of a certain calamity involving 18 people who were killed when a tower fell on them. (Luke 13:4) They suffered because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Similar things happen today.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It's a tragedy. I hope the families find peace. And regardless of the fact that the religion itself is a lie, I hope that particular congregatioin shows some humanity and reaches out to them.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One thing is sure: This busts the myth that bad things only happen when you miss boasting sessions or skip field circus. Had one of them not been in field circus that day, they would have been alive and unhurt.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Echoing the sentiments already expressed - sadness for the pain the families are feeling today.

I must agree with Shirley and UC [and perhaps others I didn't get a chance to read] though. If the article was about 4 XJW's who died tragically in similar situation - those assholes down at the local hall would be having full belly laughs about how we 'left Jehovah - see what happens?' bullshit.

So my sense of sadness is quickly mitigated by that fact. Hell, these same Jw's would have refused to speak to us if we were in the same room, even if they were close family perhaps. They never have a kind word to say about us 'apostates', and I have a hard time not returning the favor.

Just remember folks - these are the 'enemy' who have stolen our kids, our parents, our so-called friends, and have determined that we are worth no more than birdfood, while making absolutely no effort to 'recover' us - we are worthless to them. They don't deserve a whole helluva big sympathy party IMO.

Still, condolences are in order for the family.

Jeff

• Aeiouy
    Aeiouy

I have to say I am shocked by some of the comments that are on this posting. Why are some of you worrying about how the JW's would react if an xJW died? 4 human beings died. the end. I am actually appalled by some of the heartless comments on here. Why is our compassion for human life being tainted by hatred for the organization? Do you feel the same way about people in Iran who die every day from bombings. Do you think that because they are part of the muslim religion, they don't deserve our compassion? Granted the muslim religion has some extremist terrorists who would kill without a second thought, but the majority aren't like that. The majority of JW's aren't cold heartless people either. People died. Human beings. Life. That should be all that matters. Something to think about: Does the WTS still have so much control over your life that you can't feel compassion when one of their members dies? Is your hatred of the religion tainting everything else in your life? Any of you who were witnesses at one time know that you really thought you were helping people. Why do people who think they are helping us not deserve our compassion when they die? What's with this mentality of "They wouldn't support us so we won't support them"? That just makes us no better.

And another thing, someone posted that they know they are in a cult. Not true. The majority do not. I thought it was the "True Religion" not too long ago myself. That's the vicious part about cults, is often times you don't know you're in one.

My heart goes out to these people. I hope their families are able to cope with the loss they have just suffered.

Aeiouy

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I have to say I am shocked by some of the comments that are on this posting. Why are some of you worrying about how the JW's would react if an xJW died? 4 human beings died. the end.

Absolutely. My respect for a few posters has waned as of late. Sick and twisted are a couple of words that come to mind.

• moshe
    moshe

I wonder how many of these sisters had a life insurance policy? I think JW's are risk takers. - I remember going out in service when the roads were bad- once to deliver those 1970's end of ther world tracts after a blizzard. The snow was 12" deep and we were the dumb ones wading through deep snow. The householder's cars were still in the garage. Fact is, many JW's take chances when the weather is bad and they THINK, they have to get to a meeting, assembly or service. I once ruined the engine in a car trying to not be late for a big planning meeting for a district convention that was over 100 miles away. My car wasn't really up to a forced road trip and I should have just stayed home. I also wore out a car trying to get to a district convention 900 miles away- they only one we were able to attend that summer. Maybe after the police examine the car we can rule out mechanical failure, like bad brakes. That leaves driver error- and JW's could easily have been talking, instead of paying attention.

I can't ever remember hearing a service meeting talk telling the brothers to stay home, if the weather is bad.

Also it was the end of the month- gotta get those hours in , even if there is ice on the road.. They need to do away with hour reporting as it is hazarous to JW's life.

• undercover
    undercover

I knew when I posted what I did that some might be taken aback by it...but I stand by what I said.

The loss of 4 lives is a terrible tragedy and I feel for the families of the deceased and how they are suffering. Again I offer my condolences.

My earlier comments are aimed at the religion, not individual members who are suffering due to the loss of life. I know how the JW religion reacts to such tragedies. They will use this as a springboard to try to advertise their particular brand of being saved through the media hype sure to follow. The funerals will become commercials about the religion and have little to do with the lives of the deceased. I've seen it happen all too often. And if it were 4 Baptists on the way to the Baptist convention, you would not see the JW community rise up to offer support and condolences as you will see with other faith groups when these things happen.

And those that pointed out how JWs would react to 4 ex-JWs dying in a similar tragedy...it's true. Does anyone think that if Farkel, Blondie, minimus and Simon were in an accident and it was reported that 4 ex-JWs on the way to an ex-JW support group meeting were killed that JWs would offer condolences? No, of course not. One can only imagine the vitriol that the vast majority of fully indoctrinted JWs would be thinking.

It's calling a spade a spade is all. If you don't want to face those facts, fine, don't, but I'm not tip-toeing around it just because it might upset someone else's sensibilties. This is, after all, a JW discussion forum where we discuss all things JW, the good, the bad and the ugly. And out of tragedy we will see an ugly side of the JW religion.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Undercover made excellent points: "And how will they spin this at a later assembly? Usually the WT has experiences of dubs being in accidents due to their bad behavior, thus slyly implying that they deserved whatever misfortune befell them due to their misdeeds. Here you've got 4 people who died while supposedly representing the Most High God. Where was that protection then?"

I suspect there will either be a deafening silence regarding this tragedy, or it will be used as a 'springboard' for some grandiose conversion or perserverance thru Satan-induced difficulties... Something like: "Sister So-and-so lost her mother/sister/daughter in this terrible tragedy, but it motivated her to become a Full-Time-Pioneer - Yay!"

I'm a huge cynic... When I first read this thread, I wondered whether the driver may have been suicidally depressed and decided to take a few other JWs along with him...

Zid

• MrCellophane
    MrCellophane

Here's an updated link that contains additional information and makes reference to all four victims being Jehovah's Witnesses.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Police-still-investigating-accident-that-killed-4-80211627.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit