Four die out in service in Texas

by TJ - iAmCleared2Land 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim Fletcher
    Jim Fletcher

I am saddened by the loss of Monty Hardy on a very personal level; of course, the loss extends to all who perished. I moved back to Texas 5 years ago and met Monty within a few weeks one Saturday morning. Monty became more than a weekly visitor to me. On those occasions when I was actually home, Monty and I would always enjoy a few minutes together, and over the years I began to regard him as a friend. Those who never met him missed a real gem of a guy. My heartfelt sympathies to Monty's family and close friends. He was a sincere, happy, nice and deeply devoted member of his hall. He will be missed.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

I remember a very elderly sister that would still go out in field service and she would DRIVE her old Volvo. She was a sweet, hilarious, and tough old lady. That being said, her driving would scare the hell outta Mr. Magoo! Whoo! She had no business driving. There are many Witnesses with health problems that should not be driving; but they feel like they have to get out there and make those hours. It's pretty sad. Whenever I hear things like this, I cringe for my own Witness daughters. What can we do or say? Nothing!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I know that there have been many who have expressed their sorrow at this tragedy - and I agree.

One thing though that comes to mind is that JWs - for the most part - do not know how to grieve. They do not have proper funeral services - only advertisements for joining their religion - and so most do not go through a normal grieving period.

I feel sorry - not only for the loss of these 4 lives - but for those who do not know how to grieve.

Regards,

Jim TX

• nugget
    nugget

I feel sorry for the families such a terrible accident.

• blondie
    blondie

They were driving a Toyota which had a recall recently regarding stepping on the brakes causing accidents.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

By those 'appalled' by my or others' ' lack of disrespect' for the lives lost - perhaps you did not read carefully.

I expressed proper condolence for the loss of these lives. As did the others so criticized after commenting. We just went on to express the reality of these people's lack of respect for us.

Let me tell you a little story about these 'people and their respect'.

My mother died in 2004, just about 6 months after I discovered the 'truth about he truth'. I had quietly slipped out of the organization to digest what I had discovered. I called the so-called brother that had been both a lifetime 'friend' and who had performed my wedding and been involved in nearly every event in my life for most of 40 years to tell him. I asked him to inform the congregation of the funeral arrangements. Oh, I forgot to mention that my mother was a baptized jw in 'good standing', though inactive. She and I knew every member of the local hall, and had known them well since about 1960.

Four days later at her funeral only two jw's showed. And they only did so because I personally called them the previous day to remind them, and they felt obligated by that. Not a single damned one of my 200 'friends' of 40+ years bothered. Not one sympathy card arrived! Not one call to our home! Not one single visit to show condolence! During the same time frame I was being called apostate behind my back, lied about and 'shunned' - all this a full three years before I officially DA'd.

So, don't give me a line of bullshit about 'compassion'. These people redefined the term 'discompassionate' toward any who leave them. If any of you died they would quite honestly not give a shit. They wouldn't have any compassion [even toward your family as has been stated here by myself and others toward those who died tragically].

These people are brainwashed. Patty Hearst was brainwashed too - but the bullets in her machine gun were real and caused real damage if they tore through your heart. Their inability to see the hatefullness they express so freely does not totally excuse them.

BTW - I have attended several Jw funerals since I left. I expressed honest condolences to those few survivors who dared allow me to speak with them personally. I am not cruel and unkind. Like UC though, I tend to call a spade a spade. And Jw's, intending to be, or not, are assholes who could give a shit about anyone who is not in their ranks. Hell, lest we forget, these are the people who anxiously look forward to 7 billion people laying on the ground as manure after their 'loving God' kills most of mankind so they can play in paradise. Nazi killers were human too - just not particularly nice humans.

Jeff

• dozy
    dozy

Very sad for all concerned.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I agree with UC's and A_K Jeff's views.

This is a tragedy, but JW's will only use it to further WT's interests.

My mother died in 2005; she was too old and infirm to be of service to them, so she was relegated to the back shelf.

The people at my job showed more concern than those from the KH, whom in her better days she'd cooked many a meal.

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

Interesting how some feel justified in basing their own morality, or lack thereof, on the actions of jws. Jeff, you're a despicable pos.

• undercover
    undercover

I'm not sure what you mean by that John... basing morality on the actions of JWs. I haven't given any indication of my morality based on anything said on this thread. I have given my opinion of how the JW religion uses these type tragedies to further their own cause. And that opinion is based on fact. Facts that many, if not most, who were associated closely with the JW religion can attest to.

If people think it's insensitive or too harsh, so be it. I will not give the WTS a pass just because some members died in a horrible accident. It's still a cult that takes advantage of people and situations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit