Four die out in service in Texas

by TJ - iAmCleared2Land 51 Replies latest jw friends

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Sad indeed.

• moshe
    moshe

I remember a few years ago when 5 JW's died in a plane crash in Tennessee who were on the regional WT building committee- the plane was overloaded the FAA said- it was doomed to crash as soon as it took off. The elders were so focused on making a meeting that they put good judgement aside.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

@Mary: The article didn't say they were out in service, but I was in that hall with them. Heard it first hand from other friends in the hall that they were a car group in field service yesterday; accident was in the 11am hour.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

My first guess would be ice, but that hardly accounts for the speed to cause the force involved in this accident. Map of the scene:

View Larger Map

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

what a freak accident

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Man. That's so awful. I know of two incidents where this happened - in one an elder was driving the car turned on a left light and got hit by a truck - a sweet sister was killed. In another, a family was out in service when they had an accident and their little girl was killed. These people believed they were doing good and had god's blessing. Must be doubly terrible to manage the grief.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

It is sad they died that way. It could happen just as easily going to the supermarket as out on service. The families have my sympathy.

GLT

• chickpea
    chickpea

any man's death diminishes me~ meditation 7 (john donne)

an elderly couple at the KH i attended
    lost their only child when she and her
    (then) PO husband were driving home
    from a pioneer meeting... and they were
    T-boned by a drunk driver... she died instantly

• undercover
    undercover

Sad news. Like has been pointed out, despite our disdain for the religion this is a terrible tragedy for this people and their families.

But I'm in a negative mood today, so I'll go ahead and say what everyone else is tiptoeing around...when 4 people, any 4 people, die in a tragedy like this, you see an entire community rally around the surviviors and family, looking to help and support...except JWs who think that giving support is by giving them a brochure on resurrection. Now you have 4 JWs who experience this tragedy. All the JWs will rally around their own...along with the entire community that will grieve and want to support as well. But where will these JWs be the next time a similar tragdey happens to non-JWs? Will they be there to rally around the Catholics or Baptists if/when it happens to them?

And how will they spin this at a later assembly? Usually the WT has experiences of dubs being in accidents due to their bad behavior, thus slyly implying that they deserved whatever misfortune befell them due to their misdeeds. Here you've got 4 people who died while supposedly representing the Most High God. Where was that protection then?

And there will be 4 JW funerals that will get media attention. Do you think for one minute that they won't work extra hard "to give a good witness" and turn these funerals into a mass marketing campaign?

I hate this fucking cult and while it's sad that these 4 people died, I shudder to think how it will be spun and taken advanntage of to further their own goals as a relgion instead of taking time to actually reflect on the lives of the 4 people who are gone forever.

Condolences to the family and real friends...

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I feel sorry for the relatives and friends who now must grieve the loss.

However. That being said, I will say that sometimes those who are at the wheel do not exercise the best judgement whilst driving.

When I was still married to the JW-wifey, our daughter was doing the 'poineer' thing. One of the ladies who was in the group of pioneers was a widow. She was a bit elderly - perhaps the oldest of the group. She had a mini-van, and it was her vehicle that got used the most - as it could haul more bodies around door-knocking.

Well, this lady would drive like a maniac. My daughter would come home (she was a teenager at the time), and relate how this woman would drive on the opposite side of the road (two-lane roads) - just to 'miss the potholes'. (Of course... if she did this both ways... ) We're talking about a road that had traffic on it, too. She would have to swerve out of the way of oncoming traffic - at the last second.

She would also drive fast... and in my opinion - from what I saw and heard - a bit reckless. She was the one who would drive them up to the bus stops, screech to a halt - and the others would have to jump out - and approach the people sitting - waiting for the bus to arrive.

I asked how it was that no one would say anything - to put a stop to this. My ex-wife just chided me for that. I think it was that no one wanted to 'offend' this lady... all the way up to the P.O. - or whomever was in charge.

Anyway... some of these people think that 'god' will keep them safe - no matter how they drive.

BTW - I made a stipulation that I didn't want my daughter to be in the vehicle - if this woman was driving. I think that got my ex-wifes' attention, and they finally started to take note. The other gals in the group would drive... whenever they could pry the car keys away from this crazy woman.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit