Four die out in service in Texas

by TJ - iAmCleared2Land 51 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

If it were apostates, the JW's would be saying "see what happens when you leave Jehovah?" Truth of the matter is, life is life no matter what you believe.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hmm. As several others have posted here, what would the local JWs have said if it had been an ex-JW who had died - along with three or four of his/her friends - in such a crash??? Tongues would have clucked, heads would have wagged, and it would have been held up as an example of the 'bad things' that happen to those who have "fallen away from Jehovah"...

Does anyone here remember this particular JW moralizing story? It was making the rounds in the '70's, if I remember correctly - the incident took place in Japan, I think. A Japanese [?]housewife had a small home business - making fireworks for Buddhist/Shinto/some sort of 'pagan' celebrations. Her husband came home, a domestic spat ensued, and in the heat of argument somehow a spark ignited the fireworks she had sitting around the house.

In the ensuing conflagration, her husband and children were killed. The poor housewife, who was the lone survivor, made some sad comment to the effect that, if she hadn't been working on the fireworks, her entire family might still be alive...

Oh, and one other point I want to make VERY CLEAR here... This woman was NOT a Jehovah's Witness, in any way, shape, or form. The WTBTS brazenly co-opted her sad story for their own purposes...

This story was read at several JW assemblies, as an EXAMPLE of the "bad things" that happen to people who don't worship Jehovah. No expressions of sympathy were made [by any Presiding Overseer, Elder, or Circuit or District Overseer] over the housewife's great loss, nor was it ever mentioned that, perhaps, her husband should have been more respectful of HER efforts to earn money, instead of fussing over the timing of his meals, and that HIS actions also led to the tragedy...

In the same vein, I can remember the occasional "bible Drama" at the assemblies, in which little Suzy/Kathie/Dennis fell in with bad companions [probably by going to college...], fell away from Jehovah, and ended up a drug addict/prostitute/criminal/Catholic/Baptist... I clearly remember the SMUG, GLOATING ATTITUDE of the typical JW as they nodded their heads grimly to such vindications of the WTBTS' wisdom in limiting contact with "the World"...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit