If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

by minimus 392 Replies latest jw friends

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

how could a truly moral, loving god been developed out those peoples minds ? – thetrueone

Out of fear, perhaps?

You have a “god” that demand obedience, submission, respect and love or he/she/it will obliterate you.

Fear is a great motivator

Take care,

Ismael

• minimus
    minimus

Pagan gods were in people's minds.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I hear ya Happy,

I'm sure you know the dynamics at play as well as the cognitive dissonance you might be creating so don't expect any reasonable replies any time soon.

These people are fighting for their God whom they love and fear. To deny him is to lose out on salvation in their minds so it creates a vicious thought loop that don't allow too much room for clear and unbiased thinking,, they have to fight your reasoning as if it was the devil himself they were arguing with.

• minimus
    minimus

Frankie, are we talking about JWs? You just described them.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

minimus,

what is your definition of hell?

• minimus
    minimus

Well, the mainstream "Christian" definition is a place where those forever separated from God will be agonizingly in pain from the fires of "hell". That's where the term "hellfire" comes from.

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

Re: If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

I personally think that HE would of already if HE was who we thought he was, Therefore, "When you eliminate the impossible, then whatever is left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." So to me the truth is GOD is not who we think he is. . Therefore, I am completely without knowledge on God. For all i know GOD = Aliens.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Min,

JWs are Fundies so yes it applies to all Fundies Jws included.

I'm sure if we were discussing the same things about Zeus or Apollo the Fundies would not disagree with us but because they have been indoctrinated for so long and have a fear of this Deity they can't bring themselves to the obvious conclusion, fear and years of being told how to think is not that easy to over come.

• minimus
    minimus

ok, same difference.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The question has to be asked " Who is responsibile for improving mankind's life experience, God or was it man himself ?

The answer is obvious, it appears that a few humans were fed up waiting for god ....... Thankfully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit