Why do Ex-JWs start celebrating pagan Christmas?

by DubR 221 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    PSacramento, do you not read the posts on previous pages before you make a blind point that doesn't need to be made? Pastor Russell was a false prophet, who cares what he thought!!! Who cares what JWs think!! They are a cult, you know that!! Take the time out to read ALL previous posts (at least by the originator of the thread) before you make a post!! Please

You question is why some Ex-Jw's celebrate Christmas, some that I know of see it as a return to the correct teachings of Pastor Russell.

For someone that has such a judgmental and condeming attitude I am suprised you care what ANYONE thinks, besides yourself.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Mutley has a cult following here in the UK, Wacky Racers is one of the best cartoons every produced , very funny indeed I hope OUTLAW incorporates some more of the characters in his posts

• DubR
    DubR

Finally-free, we can enlarge it even further and ask "WHY DONT YOU GET THE F*CK OFF MY THREAD IF YOU DONT CARE WHAT I THINK"?

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I suppose this will teach me to share a heartfelt piece of writing that gives an insight into who and what I am on a thread that has already blown up. Lesson learned. Thanks ;)

Jackie

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Im sure you wouldn't call me a "lier" or say that Im "hiding behind bullshit" if you saw me in person, and THAT IS A FACT!! nomembername's Avatar.....DubR

....................... ...OUTLAW

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Dub R; what do you think about the catering standards at assemblies pre the simplification arrangement? I actually enjoyed the food that the brothers lovingly prepared

• DubR
    DubR

TheSilence, Hello and thank you very much for sharing your story!! There are alot of people on here who are rude because I asked a simple question (kindof like the wt organization). I appreciated your story and it helped me to see that you were welcomed with hugs and kisses when you decided to celebrate Christmas. Im sure you can understand how I would feel hypocritical of myself if I decided to start celebrating Christmas now (for 24yrs I have condemned it). Again, thank you very much for sharing!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"I suppose this will teach me to share a heartfelt piece of writing that gives an insight into who and what I am on a thread that has already blown up. Lesson learned. Thanks ;)

Jackie"

I thought it was sweet and heartfelt. I appreciated it Jackie.

• greenie
    greenie

Whoa, whoa everyone! For the sake of the original ask - which from what I gather was to see reasons for celebrating Christmas because his wife wants to - I think the reasons can be summarized like so, and you can decide what's best for you and your wife:

1. Some people celebrate based on religious reasons (i.e. Jesus, Christianity, etc.)

2. Some people celebrate based on family (i.e., it's a time in the year when all the family and friends get together)

3. Some people celebrate as a symbol of their freedom from the WTS.

All of them seem like fairly innocuous reasons to celebrate. Good luck deciding what to do!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

DubR; did you ever experience the dangers of Barn Dances when you was in the WTS?, our congregation was counselled for organizing them, the C/O was very displeased by them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit