Why do Ex-JWs start celebrating pagan Christmas?

by DubR 221 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DubR
    DubR

Finally-free you said "This is a public discussion board, and you have no authority over it. You have none over me. You never could." So why would you make such a stupid comment earlier saying that "No One Cares What I Think." Like I said before, if you dont care what I think (you said that, not me) then get off this thread and dont come back to it. Thats the logical thing to do!! You set yourself up and you didn't think I would respond! And I could care less what's "in your book"!! lol

AK-Jeff - you said "Why to this." Dude WTF are you talking about lol. If you dont want to read previous post to have a jist of what we are talking about presently then DONT DO IT dummy!! It makes sense to do that so you wont bring out points that have already been brought out!!

Granny - If you notice from all my posts, I never steer my anger on anyone unless they offend me. I would NEVER talk to you are many others on here even if we think differently on matters. You are always respectful to my posts and I to yours. You are my granny!! And yes I do have alot of hate towards religion but im sure its about the same amount of hate most people on here have towards the Watchtower Borg.

Lovelilly, MrsJones &Finally-Free, if you honestly go back to page 2-4 of the posts on this thread, you will see how many went from answering this question to condemning me or sending angry posts because I said that "lying to their kids about Santa seems wrong." Darn, didn't yall use to be JWs. Didn't yall use to think it was wrong to lie to kids like that. God hates a lier and all that stuff. As I said, I was looking for justification to celebrate Christmas this year and alot of people pissed me off by their post just because I stated my opinion so I retaliated. Think about it, im Agnostic but it is still hard for me to ever give blood, celebrate Christmas; other holidays. I shouldn't even care but I still do for some reason! Truly sorry if I offended you but it is no reason to attack me on here. Also if non of you are self-righteous Christians and can accept that passing down the Santa story is a lie(thats just what it is) NOTHING I have said this whole time should have offended you!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Granny - If you notice from all my posts, I never steer my anger on anyone unless they offend me. I would NEVER talk to you are many others on here even if we think differently on matters. You are always respectful to my posts and I to yours. You are my granny!!

Well that warmed the cocklles of my heart., Now come sit on Grannies lap
    & let me whisper in your ear ,so no one else hears. "The WT taught you all that your still
    believe darling, I know I was petrified when they "ousted" me cos I didnt see Jesus come
    invisably in 1914...... I tried to "off"myself...But it is not the truth....Just close your eyes
    & say I am going to enjoy life from this day forward...I am a nice guy,I have been mislead
    by a cult. I AM going to start LIVING!!!!!

I am praying for you even if you think it is Useless. "Lord you see Dubrs heart, Help him
    in his new journey ,help his family & give him Peace I ask it in the name above ALL others,JESUS CHRIST
    Amen"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Granny Grace just prayed for you..

Your going straight to Hell now..

(((Mouthy)))..LOL!!..

• snowbird
    snowbird
    "Lord you see Dubrs heart, Help him
    in his new journey ,help his family & give him Peace I ask it in the name above ALL others,JESUS CHRIST
    Amen"

Amen and amen to time indefinite, even forever.

Sylvia

• mouthy
    mouthy

Granny Grace just prayed for you..

Your going straight to Hell now..

(((Mouthy)))..LOL!!..

• JWoods
    JWoods

Well, I have certainly learned something from this mess...I am going to be much more circumspect about threads which start out with:

Im not trying to be self-righteous but

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"Lovelilly, MrsJones &Finally-Free, if you honestly go back to page 2-4 of the posts on this thread, you will see how many went from answering this question to condemning me or sending angry posts because I said that "lying to their kids about Santa seems wrong." Darn, didn't yall use to be JWs. Didn't yall use to think it was wrong to lie to kids like that. God hates a lier and all that stuff. As I said, I was looking for justification to celebrate Christmas this year and alot of people pissed me off by their post just because I stated my opinion so I retaliated. Think about it, im Agnostic but it is still hard for me to ever give blood, celebrate Christmas; other holidays. I shouldn't even care but I still do for some reason! Truly sorry if I offended you but it is no reason to attack me on here. Also none of you are self-righteous Christians NOTHING I have said this whole time should hav offended you!"

I'm not offended, like I said before I was raised one way and decided that way was hooey and now celebrate Christmas. Won't be guilted about it, won't be guilted about letting my children believe in Santa which they eventually grew out of none worst for the wear. I have yet for any of my children to come up to me and ask why did I let them believe in a make-believe person like Santa. Hell I might as well not let them ever watch the Disney Channel, Nick, or the Cartoon Channel if I were so concerned in my children believing in the lies of make-believe.

Be justified in the fact that since you are out of the bOrg you can decide whether or not if you want to celebrate Christmas but leave the bOrg habit of condemning those who do back at the hall where it belongs.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    OUTLAW O.K. GO TO YOUR ROOM!!!!!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Well this looks like a fun thread! I don't have time to read it all, but what is wrong with pagan???

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

but what is wrong with pagan???

Excellent question. I was born and raised in a large city, so I am not pagan.
    But I have no problem with those that are a bit "rustic."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit