Why do Ex-JWs start celebrating pagan Christmas?

by DubR 221 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DubR
    DubR

Outlaw, I would let you do what that pic shows to me but my wife wouldn't let you. So stop riding my C*CK on this thread and calm your girlfriend Jookbeard down!! And once again you have proved to me how nonfunny (lol) you are!! Thanks!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Silence/Jackie..

I enjoyed your post too..

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Outlaw, I would let you do what that pic shows to me but my wife wouldn't let you. So stop riding my C*CK on this thread and calm your girlfriend Jookbeard down!! And once again you have proved to me how nonfunny (lol) you are!! Thanks!.....DubR

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

can I ask everyone on this thread if when they were Dubs did they own a Green NWT or a deluxe black/red leather covered version, I had the black, with the book marker yanked out, sadly I dont own it any more

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    Im sure you can understand how I would feel hypocritical of myself if I decided to start celebrating Christmas now (for 24yrs I have condemned it).

I do understand it and that was the point of sharing my story. It is possible that *you* would be the only one viewing yourself as hypocritical. Christmas is for you what you make of it. We make our own realities in this life. The definition of Christmas to the rest of the world means absolutely nothing to me. What Christmas means and is to me is what makes it special and worth celebrating.

We all learn and grow. Changing your view or stance on an issue does not make you a hypocrite. Holding others to standards you don't hold yourself to makes you a hypocrite. What you believed in your past was that Christmas was wrong, you therefore did not celebrate it. No hypocrisy there. What you believe now is that each person has to decide what is best for themselves where Christmas is concerned. If you were to decide that what is best for you (family experiences and harmony) is to celebrate Christmas and you do so you are still not being a hypocrite. You are still living your life in accord with what you believe and the standards you hold others to. Your beliefs and stances have simply changed. What horrid people we would all be if we were not allowed to grow and change our outlook. What wisdom we would miss out on. Do not deprive yourself of an experience because you are afraid of being a hypocrite based on what you thought and believed when you were less wise than you are now.

Jackie

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Outlaw can we have some Wacky Racers pics?

• DubR
    DubR

Thank you very much for not getting mad and honestly answering my question Greenie! That is exactly what I needed

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

DubR,

Let me restate what I was saying;

If you (or anyone) does not believe in God, I hope you believe in something else that is positive to you in your life. Whether that be family, good friends, or love and that these things bring you peace in your life. When I say "I hope" I am of course already assuming that you believe in either one or all the above. I am merely making a statement to reinforce that I hope belief in these things will bring peace to you. And this peace can help you overcome any bitterness you feel religion has caused you in the past.

I was not in any way making that comment to reflect negatively on your new belief system about God. I opologize if you thought otherwise.

It is not my nature to put anyone down in any way for having an alternative belief system.

Again, peace to you, Lilly

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Silence/Jackie..

I do understand it and that was the point of sharing my story. It is possible that *you* would be the only one viewing yourself as hypocritical. Christmas is for you what you make of it. We make our own realities in this life. The definition of Christmas to the rest of the world means absolutely nothing to me. What Christmas means and is to me is what makes it special and worth celebrating.

Well Said..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• DubR
    DubR

Thank you again TheSilence! I would have never in a million years even considered celebrating Christmas (growing up a JW) and you are helping me reason (im only 24yrs old and still need a little guidance). Also everyone else, please ignore Jookbeard and Outlaw and continue to share!! They are just old men who still want to feel young so they act childish . Its understandable tho!!

DubR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit