Why do Ex-JWs start celebrating pagan Christmas?

by DubR 221 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Take the time out to read ALL previous posts (at least by the originator of the thread) before you make a post!!

I must honestly ask a sincere 'Why' to this! You asked a question - does answering that question with opinion require that all other past comments are scrutinized so that nothing is repeated? Give me a flippin' break!

BTW - I found this comment after skipping the middle 7 pages of this thread - who the hell has time to read all your genius opinions/replies here in order to give his own, especially after noting your comments on the first page which severly mis-rendered the meaning of Pagan to begin with?

Jeff

Don't know why, but arrogance blended with a touch of ignorance just pisses me off today!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Finally-free, we can enlarge it even further and ask "WHY DONT YOU GET THE F*CK OFF MY THREAD IF YOU DONT CARE WHAT I THINK"?

Simple answer. This is a public discussion board, and you have no authority over it. You have none over me. You never could.

You start a thread with a seemingly innocent question and use the results to mount an attack on people. In my book you are utter filth.

W

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

You my friend, are out of the Jw's, but the ideas are still superimposing your ability to think outside.

Jeff

• mouthy
    mouthy

Dub you said
    I guess I could say "Just because im not a Christian, im sure I value family, friends, love; peace more than you."But I have to tell you my love you DONT have peace....Your so wound up!!! Your in pain!
    Why ????because we all told you what WE think about the Question you asked.

Lighten up sweetie ! Its Christmas !!!! Or if you want to say ITS NOT!!!! thats O.K. DUB

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

DubR; have you informed your elders that you are posting on a Apostate forum?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

He's young Jeff, his immaturity is showing.

Jackie, I love how you explained it. I was taught that Christmas was evil since birth but now that I am out and don't hold that belief I feel no guilt nor do I feel I'm being a hypocrite in celebrating Christmas, I won't be guilted into feeling otherwise. On the other hand I don't not judge anyone for not celebrating the holiday, to each his own.

• Finally-Free
  • JWoods
    JWoods
    DubR; did you ever experience the dangers of Barn Dances when you was in the WTS?, our congregation was counselled for organizing them, the C/O was very displeased by them.

Also, are fortified seasonal drinks such as Rum or Bourbon Egg Nog for true Christians? Should a true Christian avoid cooking Goose for the month of December to prove they are not following this system of things? We had some nice lady put out cookies and fudge this morning - would a true Christian accept this as just a cookie, or would that be condoning the seasonal worldly holiday known as Xmas? I drove a Red car to work this morning - would that be in a way a Christmas Decoration? Did everyone notice the Mercedes-Benz commercials where all their cars are in Silver except that the top of the line V-12 SL has Santa Claus driving it, and it is RED? My Bhuddist GF has been giving the Dog an extra bone or two on Christmas morning for several years now...she also puts up an artificial tree. Is she immune from Pagan practice because the tree is plastic? I think that somebody needs to be given a LIFE for Christmas this year. But may in fact just get a lump of coal.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

I agree with Grace.

Some people, myself included, tried to answer the question posed believing it was an honest Q, seeking an open dialogue with others. However now I am thinking the Q was posed only to ambush unsuspecting Christians and bash us again about our beliefs in God.

I don't think calling people stupid or self righteous when we really know nothing about them is proper. As a matter of fact it is really immature and as Grace said, comes from a place of pain, not peace.

So, thank you GRACE, you are wonderful!!! Peace to you, Lilly

• mouthy
    mouthy

May you always have love to share, Health to spare , And friends that care

For Lilly ( & everyone else ) Glad I am considered right SOMETIMES!!!!To ALL even those who say I stink LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit