Why do Ex-JWs start celebrating pagan Christmas?

by DubR 221 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

tinker: "And Billy the Ex-Bethelite will be Master of Ceremonies and wear a very tall hat under which he carries a Wiener Dog wearing pants."

As Grand Master of Ceremonies (yes, I just promoted myself), Pantsmas Dog and I will generously provide espresso and free puppies for all the children!

"Gifts are optional, pants are not."

Does that mean you want us to wear pants? Or you want us to not wear pants? Or you want some of us to not wear pants? Or is there some kind of Pantsmas Day pantsing or some other kind of ceremony?

• garyneal
    garyneal

Additionally, I think the JW door-to-door ministry is pagan. It's deeply rooted in the Halloween custom of "trick or treat". As in... first we get dressed up in our pagan pants and ties, then ding-dong "take this colorful litteratrash or you'll be eaten by birds at Armageddon!" and then it's off for some pagan coffee to drink.

ROTFL

That's LIFESAVING LITTERATRASH from the WASHTOWEL Bible and TRASH Society!

ROTFL

• cheerios
    cheerios

guess god should've put a warning label on xmas trees ...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Many good reasons.

First, once you start celebrating Christmas, you are firmly against the washtowel teachings. You are now worshiping the sun, despite that they have told you how wrong it is. That is enough for a lot of people--once they get the Christmas tree up, they are pretty much done believing in the washtowel.

Also, why do so many worldly people celebrate Christmas, even atheists? Because it is so much fun, especially for children. It is a day set aside to enjoy one's material blessings, to enjoy the lights and sounds, and to practice peace. The "hassle" is part of the fun--it's only when one goes beyond one's means that it becomes a hardship (and donating to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund or doing field circus beyond one's means isn't?). As for the seeming waste of time, it is not wasted if you enjoy the shopping, the lights, the music, and preparing by decorating the house. Tradition is worth something, especially if it sets one year or portion thereof from another.

Yes, it does consume time, energy, and money. But, honestly, how much time were you spending while knocking on doors? Suppose you were to spend all that time Christmas shopping instead--you could have enough presents for the whole town or city block in that amount of time. You could decorate a whole city with the amount of time it takes to do field circus that year. And, the gas you waste, donations to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, suit dry cleanings, postage stamps wasted on letter writing drives, eating on the run, and so on--now that is a waste.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

WT..Did mean sun or son here?

You are now worshiping the sun, despite that they have told you how wrong it is.

Just wondering..I guess it could be either/or.

or neither. I celebrate the holiday for all the reasons stated above.

Mostly because I can and I wanna. That's why I do most things I do.

lisa

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I celebrate the modern Coca-Cola hallmark Christmas with all it's commercial pop culture aspects. If the origins of a holiday require researching it probably doesn't mean the same thing any more. Heck even the meanings of words change over time.

• wobble
    wobble

Is not the thread title/question an oxymoron ???

And therefore cannot be answered properly without re-phrasing ? How can you celebrate pagan Christmas ? their is no such thing.

If we as Xjw's decide to celebrate the birth of Christ is there any reason that we shoud not do it when the rest of the Christian community is doing it ?

If we decide to have a non-religious celebration of a similar nature at this time , why not ? If we decide to be Pagan and celebrate Saturnalia or something similar, that is our business and no just God is going to kill us for it or withdraw His love, so why not ?

I think Dubr that you need to take off the old WT Goggles and look at life as it really is, and more importantly, live it.

Happy, Merry Christmas, to you and yours,

Love

Wobble

• DubR
    DubR

Thank you all for your heartfelt answers!! On my earlier post, I should have said that when kids find out Santa isn't real they will look like . I have no idea why some people took the mad expression and turned it into, "they dont need therepy for the lie or when they find out cartoons aren't real they dont kill themselves or its better than lying and telling them they are going to paradise." Good gracious I just put a mad face there, not a commit suicide face or grave there after that statement. Which brings me to my point!! To all the atheists and agnostics (thats me!!) thank you for your straight forward answers basically saying that you celebrate Christmas because it is fun and you have the freedom to do it. Heck, thats about as honest as anyone can be and I respect that because that question had NOTHING to do with the bloodguilty Watchtower lying or killing people and what not. Now, to all of you professed Christians who love the LAWD, to me you are some of the biggest hypocrites out there. I mean come on, you know darn well that that holiday can be traced back to sun worship (worshipping a false deity) and its a lie from early churches to bring in pagans, a lie that actually involves your God or your Son of God (whatever you believe)! IF Jesus was real, there is no doubt in my mind he would be offended by this pagan holiday that makes him a part of! And I already knew how much stuff was pagan INCLUDING Christianity!!

Think about it Christians, you serve a God that will kill an innocent animal if a human forced it to have sex! You serve a God where if "his people" conquered a neiboring nation that didn't even know that God existed, he demanded for everyone to be slaughtered except for the young virgins! Then these young virgins would be gang raped and slaves by God's chosen men for the rest of their lives!! You serve a God that created day and night on the first day, created plants on the third day...THEN created the light producing objects (sun, moon; stars) on the fourth day!!!!!! Not to metion the many scriptures your God brags about being a JEALOUS God asking for exclusive devotion....or else!! So, not only is your God jealous, extremely vengeful, but he's also retarded (WTF DISTINGUISHES DAY FROM NIGHT AND WTF ALLOWS PLANTS TO LIVE???) People, if you had enough since to WAKE THE F*CK UP to a retarded religion like the Jehovah Witnesses (yes its retarded) then why dont you have enough since to WAKE THE F*UCK up to RELIGION and the BIBLE!! The JWs are just part of the problem.

Now personally for me to celebrate Christmas, would be like me celebrating a Zues day where Hercules plays the Santa roll!! Its just as silly (i mean). But I may eventually or even this year (my wife wants to with her family). Alot of you guys comments made it sound like Christmas is really fun!! Honestly, being agnostic, I know NO ONE will be in trouble if they celebrated Christmas. But, for all you Christians who do celebrate....the ones soo quick to tell anyone they are going to hell for not believing in God or the Trinity or other stupid bible stuff... You are the BIGGEST HYPOCRITES!! By the way, I will always think that passing the lie of Santa Claus down each generation is dumb. Take credit for how much you love your children early!! I mean from your own beliefs God hates you (God hates a lier because they originate from Satan the father of lies).

DubR

• snowbird
    snowbird

I wasn't born into the JW's, but my family never celebrated Xmas by decorating and exchanging gifts.

We would have programs at school and church about the birth of the Savior, and that was it.

It was easy for me to be convinced by the JW reasoning not to celebrate Xmas.

I still don't decorate or buy gifts, however, I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to discourage anyone else from doing so.

I really regret not allowing my oldest daughter to participate in Christmas; I've asked for and been granted her forgiveness.

Sylvia

• DubR
    DubR

To each his own yo, but I was making a point to self-righteous Christians and these retarded "im anointed and part of the elect" Christians running around here that condemn atheists and agnostics but celebrate a holiday that Im sure would get them killed by their jealous retarded God!!

DubR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit