Why do Ex-JWs start celebrating pagan Christmas?

by DubR 221 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

DubR,

I can certainly sympathize with your situation and understand why you are bitter against religion. Especially Christianity, since you had such a bad experience with it. Just for the record though, many of us are not hellfire enthusiasts, and we are very intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. Some of us know the bible is filled with allegories and is not all to be taken literal but still believe it has value. For instance as a Christian myself, I choose to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ which I have always found to be sound advice and contains great moral principles.

I am no different than someone following the teachings of Budha or Ghandi for that matter. Although I guess my faith (christianity) is more controversial to some then theirs.

I do hope you can get over your bitterness someday. Because as you probably know, It is not good for anyone to carry around emotional baggage. It may keep you from making friends with or accepting family members who are Christians and these people may have a positive affect on your life in many ways you do not want to miss out on. My point being, do not limit yourself by excluding this group of people by judgeing them all as stupid, naive, or fundamentalist in views. We are each very different. I am sure you know some fair minded, non judgemental Christians?

Everyone has to believe in something positive in their life. If you don't believe in God, then I hope you can believe in family, good friends, love and most of all believe in peace. Lilly

• mouthy
    mouthy

. But, it will make it alot harder for ex-JW who celebrate Christmas to prove to family members who are still activeJWs that they are RIGHT

But Dub!!!! I am not out to convince JWs I am right...I am wrong about ALOT of things
    have been all my life. BUT!!The one thing I AM right about is LOVE!!! No matter who
    shows it...My car was covered in ice & snow the other day,I am racked up with R A
    But I HAD to post things to England( they are already late) so I told the LORd I needed
    the strength to clean it off....Out I went ,snow piled up to car door couldnt get near it.
    Went to try to get in the trunk to get the brush!!!banging & banging to open,NO GO!
    So I said to the LORD...."OK you dont want me to go....O.K. " But a man( angel)
    I had NEVER seen before came across the road with a little girl( Abigail) & said
    "Can I help" ? Opened the trunk got the brush ,took an hour to scrap of Ice & snow
    little Abigail( 5 yrs old) helping,he started my car, drove it out of the deep snow left it
    on the Road with the door open for me to get in ....Now tell me please !!!! There is now GOD!!!!

I know how you feel...I have been there said that, done that ,thought that. BUT NOW I KNOW

if you really ask for the help & BELIEVE in God >>>>>He directs

NO DUB put that rock down "aint " nice to throw stones

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Now if the 3 Magi were supposed to be led by Satan...why did Jehovah allow Mary and Joseph to accept any presents from them? If you knew someone from Satan had come and wanted to give your child a gift, would you take it? Heck no! But they did accept it. The Magi even worshipped Christ.

A very valid point I had never thought of before on the silly JW legend of the Satanic Star and the Magi...

If they really were the high priests of Satan, then Joseph and Mary took presents that might very well have been DEMONIZED!~!!!

• DubR
    DubR

JWoods, me personally I think Christmas would make much more sense if it was no longer promoted to be Christ birth and the Santa idea was done away with. And no matter how much you try to justify lying to your kids telling them that Santa fit his fat butt down the chimney and left a present for them...its STILL a STUPID TRADITION!! No it wont kill them, no they wont go to therepy for it; no I could care less if you choose to keep lying to them or not. But dont try to justify the lie. Its ok to say "Well DubR its just for fun"!! I respect that. Anyone who believes in the bible needs to know that their God hates them for lying to their kids. Heck I love violent video games and if I was still a Christian I would believe that my bible God hated me because "HE" hates everyone loving violents! I wouldn't try to justify it. But then again, I dont believe in the Bible so heck do whatever makes life fun. We ONLY have one life to live!! And if you are not a atheist condemning person, none of my posts were directed at you.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    JWoods, me personally I think Christmas would make much more sense if it was no longer promoted to be Christ birth and the Santa idea was done away with.

Wouldn't leave much left, though, would it?

Heck I love violent video games and if I was still a Christian I would believe that my bible God hated me because "HE" hates everyone loving violents!

Ummm...haven't read the OT bible much lately, have we? "HE" was practically the originator of everything violent according to that tradition.

Point of a lot of people here is that Christmas really is harmless unless you have an axe to grind (or a stick up the lower bowels), and that many find this a VERY curious thread - a sort of anti-JW, anti-Santa, anti-Christmas, even anti-Christian generality rant. Gave me a new fantasy Awake article title, as a matter of fact...

Is 2 year old Corsicana, Tx. fruit cake (or plum pudding) for Christians?

• DubR
    DubR

Granny-Believe it or not, nice people exist in this world. To give the credit of them being nice human beings to God, it lessens the love those people personally have and gives it to an non-existing being (IMO).

JWoods-You should know that no number was given on the number of Magi in the bible. And this is an example of the stupidity in the bible (IMO). How the heck can a star in the sky guide ANYONE!!! It makes noo sense!

Lovelylil-Thank you for sort of understanding me being pissed with religion. I see it as a very dangerous mechanism that some use to give power and riches to themselves and enslave others. The statement you made:

"Everyone has to believe in something positive in their life. If you don't believe in God, then I hope you can believe in family, good friends, love and most of all believe in peace."

This statement is the type of stupid ideology I find in the Christian community. You suggest that just because I dont believe in the Bible or the God of the Bible (because bible doesnt agree with FACT) , that you would have to hope that I can believe in family, good friends, love; peace. WTF!!! People like you are the ones I were making a point to on this thread (self-righteous Christians who damn atheist and agnostics). Ex-Jws are not evil people because they find out the truth is not the truth. Atheists and agnostics are not evil people because they find out that the Bible was made up from uneducated men who mixed true and false history with myths and fanciful thinking, then later Catholics (the most bloodguilty and corrupt religious group) edits this books and sells it as God's divine Word!! I guess I could say "Just because im not a Christian, im sure I value family, friends, love; peace more than you."

DubR

• Gayle
    Gayle

For most of us and I think most people, it's just celebrating the season anyway!! Like having fun at Disneyland I suppose. Years ago, before Disneyland, and approaching a long dreary winter, Christmas season brought in fun and togetherness in those parts of the world. Each day and each season, should be in a spirit of love and joy. Special days and festivities have always been for all kinds of people, pagans, Jews and Christians and people not really into any religious thoughts. Life is to be celebrated!! How we do it is up to us!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I mean anyone who was a Jehovah Witness knows this fact. By the way im not "Condeming"just wondering!! Thanks.
    DubR

That was from your 1st post.....My last post to you was`nt sarcastic..

I simply pointed out your a LIAR that hides behind BULLSHIT..

..............OUTLAW

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I dont know what you are fishing for DubR?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    And no matter how much you try to justify lying to your kids telling them that Santa fit his fat butt down the chimney and left a present for them...its STILL a STUPID TRADITION!!
    People like you are the ones I were making a point to on this thread (self-righteous Christians who damn atheist and agnostics
    By the way im not "Condeming"just wondering!! Thanks......DubR

..............OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit