Theotis French & Ray Franz's Disfellowshipping

by snowbird 193 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• undercover
    undercover
    once upon a time I had a conversation with a "worldly" person from such an area and he was surprised that I was a JW because he thought it was a "Black religion." (I'm a ghost, so obviously I'm white ;)

That gets my vote for "Post of the Day"

• snowbird
  • minimus
    minimus

I say weird in a kind way, Sylvia. Your views always relate to racial issues. I shouldn't have said you're weird. My first thought was you're racist but I don't think you really are. I think your background and experiences have made you an overly sensitive person when it comes to color. And that's too bad because I believe you're an intelligent sweet lady but you've got racial hangups.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Again, I'm not sure how the congregation boundaries were drawn in Gadsden/Etowah County the early 1980s, but the city of Gadsden has a much higher African-American population than the county as a whole. See http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/ACSSAFFFacts?_event=Search&geo_id=&_geoContext=&_street=&_county=gadsden&_cityTown=gadsden&_state=04000US01&_zip=&_lang=en&_sse=on&pctxt=fph&pgsl=010

According to the 2000 census, Gadsden was about 35% Black. That's a sizeable minority community.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Again, I don't have specific knowledge about Gadsden Alabama, but it could be one of those cases where the congregation has a sizeable African-American population. In such a case, it would not be surprising that there would be several Black elders and that one of the Black elders would end up chairing Ray's J.C.
    To me, that seems like the simplest explanation for all of this.

And this gets my vote for the "beacon of reality for the day" on this subject.

• undercover
    undercover
    And this gets my vote for the "beacon of reality for the day" on this subject.

Aw, c'mon James...just go ahead call it "new light". You want to, I know it.

• minimus
    minimus

Imagine if Franz lived in a Harlem congregation and a black man was the chairman of the judicial committee! I magine if the other 2 elders were black men too!

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Your views always relate to racial issues.

Come, now.

Not always.

Sylvia

• JWoods
    JWoods

Actually, sometimes the "old light" makes more sense than the "new light", UC...

• minimus
    minimus

You know what I'm saying.... BTW, did you call yourself Snowbird just to make us think you were white when you first started posting?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit