Theotis French & Ray Franz's Disfellowshipping

by snowbird 193 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• undercover
    undercover
    I suggest you google race relations in the South, or something similar, so that you can get a feel for the various nuances that govern interaction among the races.

unzip

Like the North or California or other countries for that matter have never had race problems and no one outside of the lil ole South is gonna ever understand...

ziiiip

• snowbird
    snowbird

"South," or better yet, "Old South," because some of the practices here have left many a visitor confounded.

May as well keep that zipper open! Makes it a whole lot easier.

Sylvia

• JWoods
    JWoods

Jeez, pleeese, louise -

Sylvia has engaged in a racial conspiricy speculation and is ONLY ASSUMING that Theotis French was black. From his first name!

Does it occur to anyone that if I had done this, such a statement would be denounced as being racist in itself...?

I still have no idea why this stuff comes up again and again and again from one of our best posters here in normal circumstances.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I still have no idea why this stuff comes up again and again and again from one of our best posters here in normal circumstances.

Because I've been thinking on it, you Texas bloke!

I'm just tossing it out there, like the rest of you pundits do.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird
    ONLY ASSUMING that Theotis French was black. From his first name!

How many Asian, Hispanic, or White men do you know who are named THEOTIS?

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'll bet he can shed some light.

He is a board member of BRCI and posts on here.

I accidentally typed in BCRI and got the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute!

Tee hee hee.

Sylvia

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have not Snowbird's experience of life in Alabama. But I do know that life within the J W world is a different ball game to life outside.

Ray has (of course) never commented on the colour of his J C. If the chairman were a black man. I accept that Brooklyn had a hand in the direction of the committee's decision, but I doubt if his appointment were made by Brooklyn. The volunteering is done by the elders themselves .

Personally, I think this is a cheap shot, groundlessly trying to introduce racial motives into an action that has been seen for decades as an abuse of power by an Organization, not individuals.

I note from Snowbird's profile that she believes that the other Witnesses in her old congregation "were jealous of my intellect " . Hmmm ?

• JWoods
    JWoods

I once knew of a white movie star that was named Tyrone. Mr French might be "French" for all I know. Here is the deal:

a) - you do not know for sure who or what race the real Theotis was.

b) - you assume he is/was black to build a theory that he was picked to "humiliate Ray Franz".

I think the reality is much simpler than this - probably they cooked up a committee on the spot as soon as they saw him talking to the other guy, and they just got whoever was handy. This is really just as silly as saying that Van Jones was picked on and fired because he was black.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I have not Snowbird's experience of life in Alabama.

... therefore should not be so presumptuous as to judge my motive for broaching this subject.

Thank you.

Sylvia

• undercover
    undercover
    Mr French might be "French" for all I know.

Mr. French is English...and white.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit