Theotis French & Ray Franz's Disfellowshipping

by snowbird 193 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I would seriously doubt that they gave a flip on what race they were.

However, if a Black man, an added bonus!

Score!

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird
    And being someone who grew up in the shadow of the town that Mayberry was based on, I can say that it's unfair to link said town to Sylvia's psychological issues.

IIRC, I saw a Black person in only ONE episode of The Andy Griffith Show. She was crossing a street - very slowly.

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

"I'll bet it wasn't lost on Ray Franz either"......this statement suggests the Ray would've been affected because a BLACK MAN disfellowshipped him. Sylvia, I think you're your showing your true colors again. (Pun intended).

• undercover
    undercover
    I saw a Black person in only ONE episode of The Andy Griffith Show. She was crossing a street - very slowly.

Gaaa-aaaleeeeee....that'll leave some deep psychological scars on a person...

Shazaam

• snowbird
    snowbird
    this statement suggests the Ray would've been affected because a BLACK MAN disfellowshipped him.

I meant Ray Franz would have discerned the hidden meaning behind this.

Sylvia, I think you're your showing your true colors again. (Pun intended).

I've always showed my true color. (No pun needed).

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I saw a Black person in only ONE episode of The Andy Griffith Show. She was crossing a street - very slowly.
    Gaaa-aaaleeeeee....that'll leave some deep psychological scars on a person...
    Shazaam

That was mostly for Nathan's benefit.

Thank you.

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

So you believe Franz would have understood the double whammy, being df'd and getting the boot by a black man. You are weird.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

It appears I may have stepped into a flame war. Nonetheless, here's a possible explanation for why a Black elder in rural Alabama chaired Ray's Judicial Committee: demographics.

I think it's beyond doubt that African-Americans are over-represented among JWs in the USA. By that I mean their percentage among the population of Witnesses exceeds their percentage among the general population. Black people make up about 13% of Americans, but according to the 2008 Pew study they make up about 22% of Witnesses. Thus, they're over-represented.

Anecdotally, I've observed and heard that this is exaggerated in the deep south--particularly in rural areas with sizeable Black communities. For example, once upon a time I had a conversation with a "worldly" person from such an area and he was surprised that I was a JW because he thought it was a "Black religion." (I'm a ghost, so obviously I'm white ;)

Again, I don't have specific knowledge about Gadsden Alabama, but it could be one of those cases where the congregation has a sizeable African-American population. In such a case, it would not be surprising that there would be several Black elders and that one of the Black elders would end up chairing Ray's J.C.

To me, that seems like the simplest explanation for all of this.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    You are weird.

Thanks.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Etowah County Alabama of which Gadsden is the county seat.

RACE AND ETHNICITY
    Number Pct Pct Pct
    White 85,737 82.9 71.1 75.1
    Black or African American 15,191 14.7 26.0 12.3

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit