Theotis French & Ray Franz's Disfellowshipping

by snowbird 193 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• snowbird
    snowbird
    What difference does it make what color the WT's henchman was?

Sort of like a double whammy, girl!

"How dare he question our authority?"

"Give him the ax, and get a "colored" man to administer the coup de grace!"

Sylvia

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Sorry Sylvia, I really don't think the fact it was a "colored" man had anything to do with it.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

without going into the racial issues, it was very likely set up in a way to try to humiliate Ray , and if Ray was to admit guilt and repent it would have been a humbling experience to suck up to a company man such as French , Ray would have probably forgotten more then what French knew. I Had a black man of my J/C a real company man named Rensford Ming, he was fine through out the hearing though.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I wonder what Peter Gregerson's thoughts are?

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Another thing, think how this would elevate Mr. French in the JW community.

If Black JW's didn't feel a surge of pride in his accomplishment, it would have been most unusual.

"Ohhhh ... there goes the one who DF'd Ray Franz...!"

Sylvia

• JWoods
    JWoods

Sylvia, do you honestly think that Ray Franz actually gave a flying hoot?

• sir82
    sir82
    think how this would elevate Mr. French in the JW community.

Judicial committees remain, at least in theory, anonymous. Even if information leaked out, it's doubtful it would become widespread knowledge. Even less likely that it would lend some sort of prestige.

I too am befuddled by the introduction of race into this - I understand things may be, or at least may have been, that way in the deep south of the USA, but Brooklyn ain't Alabama.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

maybe the G/B wanted an elder who kicked ass, and was a real company man, one who D'fed first without any leeway for the accused. He must have been a real hardliner who may have said"I'll have Ray eating out of the palm of my hand, just get me on the case" Needless to say he must have lied and acted in complete dishonesty because the actual crime for which Ray was D/fed for had not been made a D/Fing offence at the time. Ray was D/F'ed even before the proceedings commenced. Sir82 the theory of the J/C being anonymous is exactly the opposite in real life as we all know the gossiping nature of the R&F Dubs, after the hearings there would have been possibly thousands who would have known the exact members of the J/C what they were wearing , what they had for breakfast that morning with the committee walking around after like the biggest kids on the block.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Sylvia, do you honestly think that Ray Franz actually gave a flying hoot?

As a Christian man, I don't think he cared about race.

What pained him - and it comes through in his writings - is the unChristlike way in which WT treated him.

I too am befuddled by the introduction of race into this - I understand things may be, or at least may have been, that way in the deep south of the USA, but Brooklyn ain't Alabama.

The Franzes are from Kentucky. Ray Franz was DF'd in Alabama. Allow that to marinate for a minute or two. I suggest you google race relations in the South, or something similar, so that you can get a feel for the various nuances that govern interaction among the races.

Sylvia

• ninja
    ninja

I'll give you a clue as to what race I am....nanu nanu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit