Through a Darkened Pane

by compound complex 730 Replies latest social entertainment

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hey, CoCo! Be careful with that computer; we want to hear from you as often as possible...

CoCo said: "Bouncing between downloads, mailing off art, copying files and moving a friend to the north country!..."

WoWWW!!! Multi-tasking!!! Zid

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey, Zidd!

Thanks!

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

However much I tend to obsess over that house on the hill, yet I have an occasional moment of clarity and restrained joy. While commencing upon my daily walk some days back I observed a compact but dignified man and wife setting about their own daily constitutional:

The little Asian flower dutifully, silently follows two steps behind her likewise diminutive but slightly
    taller husband. She is gentle, she is kind, but she does have a mind of her own.

During one of our recent, ferocious storms I broke away from the confines of my sheltering but oppressing walls. I subsequently took in a literally moving vista that would surely have swept me away had the clouds been more the material and less the vaporous steamroller:

Ragged-edged gray billows jut up against a blanket of dirty-white cloud cover scalloping a watery
    blue sky that tentatively peeks through. Mere moments later - overtaking my startled and unprepared
    self - is a galloping mass of cloud that occludes my vision as it sweeps down to meet me on a path-
    way gone forever ...

• musky
    musky

Hey,CoCo

Friend,

How are things?Going great I hope.I enjoyed your thoughts.

Be careful in those storms.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey, Old Friend, Musky!

Great hearing from you again. I can't work today due to the weather so I'm here at the cafe, going onto five hours now. Sure glad I saw your post. Finally working again so I can only post in between times.

Hope all's well with you and yours. I always appreciate hearing from you.

Take good care or yourself.

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hello, all.

I'm recuperating from a monster cold.

I've been at home for three days now.

My g'daughter's laptop and I are trying to get to know each other.

LOL.

Sylvia

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hi, CoCo! I've dropped in here again to read your latest installment!!

[waves to everyone else in the site; Snowbird/Sylvia, Musky, Baba Yaga - does Rebel8 ever visit here?? Waves anyway...]

Zid (Why isn't there a cross-eyed smiley???)

• compound complex
    compound complex

Great hearing from you, Syl and Zid!

Take care of that cold, Snowbird. I'm happy you've got a laptop in hand.

Enjoyed your cartoons, Zid. Haven't yet had a chance to see if you replied to my post. In one week I'll have daily access for a while to the net. Can't do much in the way of stories here at the cafe. So much to catch up on on my pc ...

This is definitely an improvement, however!

Love you all!

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi, CoCo, Zid, Musky, et al.

I'm feeling somewhat better; I should be returning to work on Monday.

My g'kids are falling all over each other to stay with me!

I really would like to have the time to myself, but don't want to hurt their feelings.

I had such a high fever with this episode of flu that I slept fitfully and dreamed some crazy stuff.

I dreamed that Ronald Reagan - yes, Ronald Reagan! - took refuge at my house because Mideast terrorists were trying to kill him!

My long-deceased brother was trying to drag him to safety after a sharpshooter hit him in the kneecap!

Crazy!

Sylvia

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wow, Sylvia, crazy... But perhaps the beginning of another interesting story??? I've turned many of my dreams into stories... Please, give it a try! Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit