Through a Darkened Pane

by compound complex 730 Replies latest social entertainment

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good morning CoCo and others.

Work has been canceled due to the approaching snowstorm, so I'm trying to muddle through on my g'daughter's laptop!

I'm having a hard time; she's having a good time!

LOL.

It's good to hear about your new job and new PC.

I can't wait to get myself a new computer.

Would post more, but I've got to get off!

See y'all soon.

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks Syl!

Stay warm and dry! [Same PC but working OK for now - using neighbor's net connection].

Love,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

"The Lord has given us back our Clem, Adam ... He's given us back our Clem," rattled a glassy-eyed mother, bereaved of both her son and her reason.

Laura Withers was fairly rocking back and forth in her ladder-back chair as she stared out the bay window toward an Atlantic alternately beneficent and cruel. Though Adam Withers stood at his deluded mate's side, his large, work-gnarled hand on her bony shoulder, he could not look upon the ravenous sea that had taken their son, Clement Charles Withers. A given name could not have been more wrongly assigned a newborn. Clem was anything but mild or merciful, a difficult child and even more difficult young man. No thought for his good-hearted, simple parents, he ran off to sea at age sixteen without a word or written note of farewell. Two years later, frantic worry and grief having mellowed into a numb resignation, the Withers learned in The Shipping News that the schooner Clem had boarded and signed onto had foundered in the China Sea during a typhoon. No survivors. Upon learning but clearly misinterpreting the miracle of Roberto's reinstatement into life from a sea unwilling to claim him for her own, Laura rallied momentarily from her comatose state, though it's not certain she actually declared Roberto her revivified Clement. Adam knew Roberto was Roberto, not his son Clem. But his grief, unspoken and subdued, nonetheless keened inwardly as he perceived, in visiting one day with the recovered Roberto, that this was truly the son he had never had.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wow, CoCo... wow.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Howdy, dear Baba!

Bouncing between downloads, mailing off art, copying files and moving a friend to the north country!

Have a wonderful day ...

Love,

CoCo

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Good heavens... I was "wowing" at the tale about Jonathon, Quentin, and Sarah! Now I see there was another riveting snippet before I had a chance to applaud the first...

You are a wonder, Beloved CoCo.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Wonderful, wonderful story, CoCo.

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Dear Ones, Snowbird and Baba: !!!

It's great being here a little more now. Using my own notebook makes all the difference in the world, though I am utilizing a friend's connection right now - the ethernet connection is dependable. I was recently set up with wifi, but the signal comes and goes so I can be cut off instantly. Earlier I had my pc on a truck's tailgate, an extension cord from the deck providing power. Wasn't a reliable signal.

I hope that you and yours are well and thriving, and I thank you so much for your encouragement. I'll let you both know personally how I'll be adapting TADP for the general public's consumption and what the new title will be. I've gotten enthusiastic response locally [I have a "story route" and return visits on interested ones!]. Some are looking for the house on the hill.

Much love,

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'll let you both know personally how I'll be adapting TADP for the general public's consumption and what the new title will be

I can hardly wait!

My heart is filled with anticipation.

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

How I wish to though cannot connect With those outside my reach, t hey clearly Within my own view but out of the range of My cries for attention. Since my fall from grace (Is it spiritual, or, more tragically still, that of physical Separateness?), a ll bonds forged during a lifetime have Been summarily broken, links pulverized under the merciless Foot of Truth's u nwavering intolerance. Love - pure, rudimentary, Natural - is incapable of standing before the likes of the superfine, whose Righteousness i s p inned so b right and beautiful upon their chests, this for all Those ignorant of Truth's deceit to gawk upon with swooning a dmiration and fawning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit