Through a Darkened Pane

by compound complex 730 Replies latest social entertainment

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning, acolytes!

I never got to properly welcome you to the forum .. welcome!

We've never had the chance to "talk" before, so I'm grateful for this opportunity. Your comment is not silly in the least, and it's something I've never really thought of in the way you put it. Yes, I do like people very much (gee, maybe love them!) and, since my characters are based on real people whom I care about, I guess my feelings show in my paragraphs.

I totally get the point about style, too. I've reread my old stories (I began writing almost 50 years ago), and the style is the same as today (go figure). There is writing I can get into, and some I can't. Thank you for telling me that you do, nevertheless, like the stories. The background of the story above is real - the settings, the storyline, the characters, the atmosphere ... The supernatural, on the other hand, well....

I am honored by your comments.

Have a wonderful day!

CoCo

• acolytes
    acolytes

Hi Compound and Complex

Thanks for the kind reply-I look forward to communicating more in the new year.

Have a Great Christmas .

Acolytes.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hello again, Acolytes!

You're welcome and a wonderful holiday seasons to you, too!

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

I regret deeply not having a home computer.

Look what I missed over the weekend!

I'm enjoying this thread so much, Compound and Complex.

Thanks for it.

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Syl:

You're welcome! I miss you over the weekend, but it's so nice when you burst onto the board of a Monday morn!

CoCo

• musky
    musky

Hello Co & Co,

Thanks for continuing with the story.I appreciate your writing talents CoCo.

I am guessing that Billy's athletic ability may come in handy at some point.Maybe to battle the possible storm brewing? I sometimes look ahead and try to guess what may happen or how the story is going to unfold.

Anyway,Thanks and have a great evening

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good evening, Musky:

Sounds as if your wheels are turning, too. Yes, it isn't for nothing that Billy is both althletic and "aware." I like my character's characters to have some meat on their spiritual bones. Of course, stringbean Billy will fill out, even as we all do.

Thanks for stopping by. Look forward to our next visit ...

Co & Co

• compound complex
    compound complex

landscape

My neighborhood vista. Miner's Point, the peak, is obscured by fog. So, too, the house ...

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi, Co and Co.

LOL.

Have you heard of the Hesperides?

I was researching Clinique's Aromatics Elixir and came across the word hesperidic ...

You know what followed, don't you?

Back in the sticks, one of our neighbor's porches smelled like the fragrance.

I don't know what kind of herb she used to scent her dwelling, but I loved sitting on her porch of a lazy afternoon.

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Sylvia. I will look it up momentarily.

My olfactory recollections of kidhood were not the stench of old factories and auto exhaust (I grew up in the Santa Clara Valley where fruit orchards reigned supreme until the ubiquitous home subdivisions took over the 'hood) but lantana and wild sweet peas. In the hot, crackling days of summer those heady smells filled my otherwise distressed sinus cavities pleasurably.

Guess we crossed paths in silence while posting to each other's threads.

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit