• musky
    musky

CoCo,Ziddina,Snowbird,Baba Yaga

I hope you are all doing great!

..It's Friday!

• musky
    musky

CoCo,

I hope everything is going well for you.

Oh, it's Friday

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hey, Musky! Things are going REALLY great here; while I was procrastinating (again...) I happened to catch the movie "Worlds Apart" on the Sundance channel... Refreshed my memory regarding many points in the film; I posted several comments on an old thread about the movie... Maybe it 'resurrected' that thread?? Zid

• musky
    musky

Hello,Zid!

I am glad things are going great for you.I have not seen the movie "Worlds Apart",but I checked out a web page about it,and it looks interesting.

• snowbird
    snowbird

CoCo is back!

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Syl and Musky and Zid ...

As long as the signal and my shivering outdoor-self lasts! No signal indoors.

Thanks for noticing!

Love,

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((CoCo)))))))

Sylvia

• zagor
    zagor

Have you ever considered writing for living if you are already not doing it? Your style has a touch of blues in it, if you know what I mean, a very subtle at it too. While reading it, for some reason, this song came to mind (one of my favs), probably has nothing to do with it, I guess it is more the 'chord' it hits while reading it. Write a book mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLzTz7o96qg

• snowbird
    snowbird

YIELD NOT TO TEMPTATION

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/y/i/yieldnot.htm

Was a Christian standard sung a cappella during services at Rosemary Baptist Church, Section 35, Township 13N, Range 8E, Wilcox County Alabama, USA. I used to squirm uncomfortably as one particular deacon seemed to stare straight at me as he boomed out the lyrics.

As we came to the words, "dark passions subdue," I tried valiantly to recount which of my various passions could be considered "dark." Was it sneaking my older sister's True Confessions magazine out of her belongings and reading it behind the hen house? Kissing the mirror and pretending it was my imaginary boyfriend, Philip? Hitching the waist of my skirt up just before stepping off the school bus?

Thankfully, the song would finally end and we would settle down to listen to the preacher go on and on about lessons to be learned from the Biblical patriarchs of old. I'd try, without much success, to understand how such a lesson could benefit us now. Growing tired of such an exercise in futility, I would then turn my attention to more immediate and pressing matters.

I would gaze steadily at my mother until she returned the courtesy. "I need to go to the outhouse," my eyes would telegraph. "No, you don't!" hers would telegraph back. Sighing deeply, I would slump down in the pew until her stern stare would force me to sit upright. Next, I would rummage through my little patent leather handbag looking for chewing gum, hard candy, safety pins, nail polish ..., anything to break the monotony of sitting through a tedious sermon on a hot August Sunday.

To be continued ...

Sylvia

• ziddina
    ziddina

Zagor - LOOOVE that music!!! Thanks for posting that!!

Snowbird - goody! WAnt to hear the rest of the story...

Which brings up a point. I would like to also post some of my stories - and I like to rework stories written by other authors, too... I don't want to "hi-jack' this thread, but - hmmm... Could do it here, I suppose????

Whataya think? It feels like this thread is an "open forum" for writers... Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit