Through a Darkened Pane

by compound complex 730 Replies latest social entertainment

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Musky and Sylvia, for your comments about the library (we'll continue to fight it out!) and The Fly. I remember well the little guy's cry for help!

Hoping that you're both doing well, I have a few new things to post. One week unplugged from power and the net, my pc has been restored to all functions - how, I haven't a clue. I was really worried that I had lost all my files, but everything's intact. There's no motivation to go back to the net on my own sysytem. About a have dozen local pcs that I know of have caught the same virus.

Till later,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Andy Vincent's thoughts as he goes through the container of books addressed to Elizabeth Vincent, his deceased mother:

You are my delight ...

Your warm and supple skin delights my touch, and the gliding of my fingers up and down your spine creates within my rising spirit an awareness of Heaven's glory, her gates to knowledge wide open.

Upon revelation of treasures long hid from me, I melt inwardly as your trove of precious thoughts works the wheels of my mind and invests it with renewed inspiration and fresh resolve. Your message is no mere dry statement, rife with boring facts, but, bolder still, an ardent declaration meant for the entire world to read, ponder and act upon.

All men and women seek what is between your covers, though, at first glance, they might not recognize your inherent worth. Not until you, O cherished Book of books, should fall within their own opened palms.

• compound complex
    compound complex

As I look THROUGH A BRIGHTENED PANE:

My being cut off from the internet at home has been liberating.

No longer am I chained to my computer as a man obsessed, madly surfing one wave, then another of massively inundating cyber-generated information. Long since my cranial capacity had been filled to overflowing, I would remain seated and motionless, mesmerized by pages of data that my eyes greedily consumed but that could scarcely be digested by a mind ill-equipped to process such an unending flow.

Now, on the other hand, I consider, one at a time, diverse facts on life and literature and love as they each parade before me in single file upon release from their bound pages. This bit of fact receives my cursory glance before its summary dismissal. Yet another insignificant dribble limps past but captures my alert regard. I grab hold of that small and humble jot and regale it as a rejoicing father who receives to heart and home the returning Prodigal Son.

On this little, newly discovered idea or thought my growing world of the intellect turns. These small and disparate points - added to my daily increasing cumulative knowledge - are all the better taken in and assimilated when their passage is slow and methodical before this student of life and learning.

Best of all is the view that I enjoy through my window as I take it all in ...

• musky
    musky

Hello, CoCo

I am glad to hear that things are going good. I am glad your pc is back to normal.

It seems that the internet is almost as missed as losing the electricity nowadays.

Someone told me once, how he wanted to get off the "grid". No more electric,t.v,computer,etc..That doesn't sound like all that bad an idea.Maybe we can find out more of our true character that way.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I like this view much, much better, CoCo.

I'm so happy that things have improved for you.

Hi, Musky.

Sylvia

• musky
    musky

Hello,CoCo

I hope all is well in your neck of the woods (mountains).

Hi,Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi, Musky!

CoCo????

Sylvia

• musky
    musky

Hello,CoCo

I hope everything is going well.I think you must have quite a following.I was watching Conan O'Brien's last show, and Tom Hanks kept on cheering "CoCo,CoCo".Even the audience was cheering for you!

Have a great day,friend

Hello Sylvia

You have a great day too

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Syl and Musky ...

I'm glad all's well for you, too. I sure miss checking in daily with you folks. I know of some dozen-plus cases of this computer virus that has laid many low. Since I unplugged my pc from the net [which I cancelled] I'm OK now, so that I have the basic functions, like MS Word, documents, pics, all files intact, etc. I won't chance plugging into the net again and risk losing everything.

The library desktop is much appreciated, but so many functions are not available. I simply can't put up very much at a sitting. I'll do my best to stop by at least once a week - Saturdays are the least busy here. Thanks, Musky, for that comment on Conan - I saw something on the evening news about him and CoCo - guess that's him ...???

Musky

Sylvia

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Long was I silent as no words could describe where I had been.

None asked about my absence because my escape went unnoticed.

Into a world familiar, yet not, I found refuge ... from him, from them, from it.

Since no words from my glib tongue fell nor from my fluid pen did they flow,

I knew only of one means more: that of an artist's brush and knife upon a canvas.

Those will be my words....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit