when is the memorial this year? and will you be going?

by highdose 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Cannot understand why anybody would willingly subject themselves, for whatever reason they may conclude to be a legitimate and reasonable excuse, to such worthless drivel (I wanted to say shit, but thought I may offend the sensitivities of some misguided individuals).

Cheeses. Not to be mistaken for the saviour.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

well the day is slowly approaching I have the night off and I'm ready for my partaking, I've decided to dress down, I'll be wearing jeans, Addidas sneakers and I'm deciding weather to wear my Donnie Brasco brown leather jacket, I dont know weather to purchase a NWT and songbook(I wont sing) and to show the brethren sitting wither side of me I have a flash way of looking up scripture, or just sit there throughout the whole proceedings until the plate and wine glass are passed, the congregation that I will attend I'm pretty sure I'm not known, looking forward to it in a strange sort of way. This will be the first time I have stepped into a Kingdumb Hall since 1993

• cantleave
    cantleave

Good on you JB. Remember you don't have to buy a bible and songbook - voluntary contributions. They make good recycling fodder at the WTS expense.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

they will certainly be destroyed C/L

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Oh I'm sorry I can't make it .I'm pretty sure American Idol is on that night ............

Our last memorial was 2006 . We had stopped attending meetings for three months when an Elder stopped by and kindly invited us to the Memorial so we said " Sure why not " . That night when we arrived we prefered to sit near the back and the Elder that had invited us was trying hard to accommodate us ....when another Elder (known as butthead) interfered and made us sit up front in the middle right next to the' Uber Elderess from hell ' she turned towards me stuck her nose up in the air, and acted like she smelled something poopy ( I swear it wasn't me ,I showered ) Then she turned her back to me in a huff and that little fed up sigh people make when they are disgusted ...I laughed out loud and said "Unbelievable "........

We recieved all the appropriate fake smiles , miss you hugs and so good to see you salutations from everyone else ....One older Elder came up to me and said " Good to see you ....we really have missed you .....ummm I guess I should have callled uh ? " I just laughed and let it go .....

Several acted like they missed us painfully ....I just looked at them curiously and said "You know we still live in the same house and have the same phone number we have had for the past 28 yrs , right ?"

That was the last one we attended . I can not see myself ever wanting to go again .....

• skywho
    skywho

I had to RSVP No... I'm going to be to busy watching R rated movies, Drinking, Smoking, Wearing jean and my Smurf T shirt to go Reject the blood and flesh of Jesus.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

i wouldnt go again because i no longer believe their 144k teaching and i dont want to be shunned by self-righteous people

• Scott77
    Scott77

jam ,sorry for the way you was treated given the extensive efforts these dubs invest in inviting us to attend the memorial. troubled mind , I was bemused by your experiences, the brief social interactions, the fake smiles, etc were entertaining to say the least. The last time I attended was in 2006. The following year, there was attempts to invited me back but i refused. In 2008 and 9, no attempts were made. This year, a dub from another state invited me to attend and let me know the date as being march 30, 2010. I rejected that too. Ok, we all should agree, some of us will go in defference to family members still within. Please, post your experiences afterward.

Scott77

• White Dove
    White Dove

I haven't been to a memorial since 2006.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

As it is being "observed" I will be airborne in a plane headed for Europe for a week, and then onward way way south. Details later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit