when is the memorial this year? and will you be going?

by highdose 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Have't been since I left - will make it 5 years next year.

• blondie
    blondie

This service year...September to August per WTS.

• wobble
    wobble

You won't find me in a K'Hall unless a family member or dear friend has died and I go to the funeral, even then I guess I will feel sick.

I would not go to The Reject Jesus party for anything less than One Million Pounds Sterling.

Love

Wobble

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Hey Wobble. :) It would be quite a hefty price to bring me there too.

• Chalam
    Chalam

I would not go to The Reject Jesus party for anything less than One Million Pounds Sterling.

I think you need to raise your prices Wobble ;)

Matthew 16:26 (New International Version)

26 What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

Blessings,

Stephen

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I will NOT be attending the Memorial again, ever.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

This year was the 20th anniversary of the last time I attended a memorial. I do not intend on breaking my streak.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Coming up as well is the 19 year anniversary of my last time in service. I fully intend for that streak to surpass 20 years.

• undercover
    undercover
    Could never understand jws that come for only that day. Or why their family thought it would do any good.

When I was an active dub, I thought the same thing. If you accepted the JW notion of showing faith by works then you knew that just showing up for the Memorial was pretty lame.

But now, I'm out. I don't believe any of it (or any religion for that matter). But I do go to the Memorial, if extra effort is made by my family to get me to go. I've missed a couple when no one really pushed. But most years I get invited and they expect me to come to that one meeting. They hold out hope that I'll return one day and the Memorial is the perfect start (in their eyes).

Now, I could stand my ground and refuse to go but considering that I go all year without too much hassle about meetings, I figure one meeting a year isn't going to hurt. No different to me than a lapsed Catholic who goes to xmas mass and nothing else.

The first couple of times I went after being completely inactive, it did create some anxiety and discomfort but now it doesn't bother me a bit. It's just a building, just another religion. They have no supernatural connections, they have no power. I actually feel empowered when I go. I know it's all bullshit and that it means absolutely nothing. I feel no guilt, no fear. I hold my head up and show everyone that I am not the miserable, self-loathing, back-sliding weak person they all expect inactive ones to be.

I get love bombed by some, I actually get shunned by others. I make some people nervous. I like that...to make people nervous in their own setting, where they supposedly have the power and the channel to God. [insert evil laugh here]

• carpediem
    carpediem

I wont be going - my first year not to do so

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit