when is the memorial this year? and will you be going?

by highdose 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I will, no doubt , be there - with Sister Blues.......

After all this time, each one is exactly the same.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Absolutely Not! Like wobbles, I plan to attend my grandmother's, mother's and father's funeral at the hall. Otherwise I will never enter a KH again!!

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

dont see why i would go, if I dont go to the meetings. not much point.

• trueblue
    trueblue

I still don't think taking of the bread and wine is to be done just once a year because Jesus said "keep doing this in remembrance me"

I think it is more of a spiritual thing and we are not under the same law, just as I do not beleive that we are no longer under the law where baptism by water is required. John the baptist said "That one (Jesus) will baptize YOU people with holy spirit and with fire."

I still may go to the memorial if I am invited but most certainly I will not go unless I have some one with me for a witness in case some one wants to say some thing about me that is not true.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I agree with undercover. I probably will be going to the Memorial to keep family feeling good.

• watson
    watson

I'll be there.

• moshe
    moshe

No, I be attending a Passover Seder that night. My last Memorial had to be in 1987- I got as far as the parking lot driveway in 1990- I was holding up a WT expose' sign and handing out flyers to the new studies. My, but that sure stirred up a hornet's nest- police called, elders verbally abusing me, etc. Lots of excitement for anyone who likes to poke a stick at a junkyard dog.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

No, I be attending a Passover Seder that night.

Moshe,

Where so you find a Passover Sedar on the night of Nisan 14? Or maybe the Jewish date is Nisan 15 in 2010? The WT never gets it right and is usually two days off from the Jewish calendar. They think that they are smarter than the Jews you know. I did not check out the Jewish date yet but I understand that there is no such thing as a Jewish Sedar on the night of Nisan 14. The entire date of Nisan 14 is reserved for the preparation of the Sedar meal that follows when Nisan 14 ends and the night of Nisan 15 begins. The Sedar always begins on the night of Nisan 15 when their date starts as well. Is there something wrong with this research? http://home.earthlink.net/~jmalik/ch9notes.txt

Joseph

• chickpea
    chickpea

i am pretty sure i am going to be busy mar 30, 2010

i have to say during the last memorial i attended
    was in a different KH than the one i usually went to
    (not even aware i was "fading", but inactive due
    to immense pressures with family life) and it was
    one of THE most miserable experiences of my JW life....

it seems i was able to hear the "talk" without filters
    and it disgusted me while at the same time boring me
    beyond what was endurable.... i walked out the doors
    knowing i was done.... with a capital D

i may not know what Truth tm is,
    but i sure know what it isnt.....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have plans of skipping the REJECT Jesus Party this time. And I am not planning on going on April 17, 2011 either.

In fact, the only way I am going is if I get forcibly dragged or carried into the Kingdumb Hell while they are gathering for it. And then I intend to dump the spoiled grape juice glass on purpose, trying to get whoever is forcing me to attend a nice wine stain on his shirt (or, failing that, at least a nice mess on the carpet).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit