when is the memorial this year? and will you be going?

by highdose 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

This will be the first one I will not attend. Last year was when I decided to do my fade - I was shocked that the focus on the FDS/GB. I was told it was a new outline, but by then I was not serving as an elder and had no clue if it was true or just the a bad job by an elder who is was a self appointed R&F basher.

• The Missus
    The Missus

I haven't been to a regular meeting in over 7 years, but I always go to the memorial because of my family - and every year it has been harder and harder to go. I could barely stomach it last year and have decided that will be my last one. I will not be attending this year, or ever again, for that matter.

• Mary
    Mary

Oh christ, I think I have to go this year.......My parents asked me the other night if I would go. I guess with everything that's happened over the past 9 months, it will somehow make them feel better if I go, so I guess I'll bite the bullet since they don't bug me about going any other time.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Hehe. I'd be game for going. We havent been invited yet. And everyone that could possibly invite us knows that I think its all poopoocaackaa... I should make a bet with my hubby to see who asks first.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I guess my youngest son is definitely NOT going either ! He found an invite stuck in his girlfriends door and he shredded it into pieces and threw it away .

Today an old friend mailed me an invite in an envelope ....no note or message just a folded up invite ......better than the email I got last year ,haha

Mary your a good daughter to do that for your parents ! If my Mom were still alive I would probably do that for her too .

My husbands Mom lives a thousand miles away so we don't get pressure from her .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit