when is the memorial this year? and will you be going?

by highdose 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

The closest I ever got to the memorial was one time I dropped off my fiance at the KH and picked her up afterwards. I spent my waiting time at a near by bar and grill, eating a burger and drinking a beer while watching the hockey game on TV. That's a much more pleasant way to nibble and sip!

GLT

• agonus
    agonus

Wine and crackers... now all we need is a nice spreadable cheese... not sure what part of Christ that's supposed to represent... not sure I wanna think about it...

• jam
    jam

The last memorial for me was 1987. Since I was disfellowship and still believe it was the truth I was there.WHEN

THE CLOSING song begain a young lady in the seat next to me shared her song book I did not have one.This was a KH

I did not attend but I knew all the elders. One elders that I had known for years, saw this and immediately came over

and motion to the young lady to move away.The way it was done others in the area notice it.This same elder

daughter later became a dancer the ones that take off their garments.If you are from the Pasdena Ca. area

you know that elder..But that was the last time that I set foot in A KH.

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

Not I! My last memorial was in 2004. I have to attend 2 meetings since then under extreme duress. Both times my little girl had a part on the TMS. It was awful, torturous, agonizing and I only went for her part and then at halftime.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I go to support my wife. It is the one and only time I ever go to our local Kingdom Hall.

I have even managed to be on holiday for the memorial so at least we get to go to different congregation where I don't know if they are just as hypocritical as the cong I was in.

• JoJoJones
    JoJoJones

I haven't been to a Memorial in over twenty years and will never go to one again. Anyway, I believe Jesus died for all humankind and therefore everyone should be able to partake in the emblems. Everyone.

• fluke
    fluke

I'll think about going...

Shall be interesting how they respond to my lovely long ponytail... :)

Oh, I could go with a cloak and my wonderful deer antler walking stick... Then, half way through... Start chanting...

Mwooohahahahahahaha...

• Farkel
    Farkel

:and will you be going?

Yeah. But I'm bringing my own wine. LOTS of it. And I don't be sharing it with anyone, either.

Farkel

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

If I go it will be to place flyers on people's car but that's if I bother, I'll never step in the f'n kh again!

• kashkrunched
    kashkrunched

I'm not going. The Memorial; Lord's Evening Meal, is a copy cat of ancient mystery religions. It is not new or unique to Christianity.

For example, the Mithras' faithful celebrated a sacred meal with their God. So did followers of Adonis, Artus, Osiris, and other Pagan Gods of the Mystery Religions. New members of the Mysteries of Isis and Osiris completed their initiation with a sacramental meal.

The Catholic Encyclopedia admits: "[There was usually the meal of mystic foods— grains of all sorts at Elsi's, bread and water in the cult of Mithra, wine (Dionysus), milk and honey (Artus), raw bull's flesh in the Orphic Dionysus-Zagreb's cult." [The Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume XI, Paganism]

The Watchtower is quick to condemn the Catholic Church for their 'false teachings' but they hypocritically celebrate a pagan ritual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit