Are there any Thinkers here?

by theMadJW 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JeffT
    JeffT

What paragraph are we on? I think I've lost my place.

• dinah
    dinah

I try not to think too much, makes my head hurt.

• LUKEWARM
  • poppers
    poppers

No mindless ridiculers, but some very mindful ridiculers. Mindful because they've actually used their minds rather than mindlessly adhering to the party line. It's pretty hard to continue being a drone when you start to think.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

How is this for thinking?

Why is impossible to convert heat completely into “work” in a cyclic process?

Take care,

Ismael

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I think I'll have another beer... and mourn the years I wasted in Bethel by mndlessly not thinking.

• lisavegas420
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    TheMadJW wrote: Are there any Thinkers here? Or just you mndless ridiculers?

Hmmm Let's see. Based on all 4 other comments your have made since you joined 6 or 7 weeks ago, I'd venture to say that YOU are the ridiculer.

None of you posts presents a counterpoint. Not historical reference. No serious point to ponder.

From Sept 26, 2009:

LOLOLOLOLO!
    I guess they MIGHT discourage it, based on YOUR examples!
    Such nonsense; we are ALWAYS studying it- not as a course, but when discussing any biblical subject...
    You are Legends in your own minds... (Dirty Harry)

Also from Sept 26, 2009:

LOLOLOLOLO! Now you even judge us by someone's PRAYER!
    Just how low will you go?
    You cultist. (Sounds good, doesn't it? Makes YOU sound Superior...in your own, tiny little mind!)

Sept 29, 2009:

I was hoping to find someone here that wanted an Intelligent discussion; all I see are ridiculers trying to salve their consciences- or so it appears.
    I take it most of you WERE one of my brothers or sisters?
    Yes- we have many faults; humans tend to HAVE them!

And from earlier today:

I guess the fact that all the details regarding the last days in the scriptures means nothing to you, that you believe there IS no such time?

If you would like a discussion on the validity of belief that we are living in 'the last days', why not start a true intellectual discussion thread rather than a hit-and-run drive-by posting??

So far I see no evidence of you inviting a real discussion at all. No basic introduction of yourself - which is just general good manners.

I'm thinking that, in fact, it may be YOU who is not a Thinker.

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding)

PS: Why the nick MadJW? What are you mad about? Do you mean mad as in angry or mad as in 'not quite right in the head'?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There is no "i" in mndless.

• Satanus
    Satanus

OTWO

'There is no "i" in mndless. '

Uhoh. Good catch.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest