Are there any Thinkers here?

by theMadJW 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Are there any Thinkers here?

If you would post something that's worthy of a thought you'd soon get your answer. Judging by the content and quality of your posts I have to assume you're more interested in distracting yourself from your meaningless existance than actually engaging in a meaningful dialogue.

W

• brainwashed-from-birth
    brainwashed-from-birth

YOU ARE GOING TO DIE WITH US WHEN JESUS AND THE 144000 COMES. YOU BETTER FIND A FACEBOOK JW SITE TO REDEEM YOURSELF IN THE EYES OF THE LORD. YOU OBVIOUSLY JUST SPEND TIME ON THE INTERNET CHATTING. MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO TRY TO CONVERT SOMEONE OR SOMETHING LOL

I know JW's dont usually get jokes so I will help you out on this one. Yes I am making fun of you freak....and yes it was fun.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

"Absolute belief and absolute disbelief require no thought (thinking) at all" In between are those termed more "noble minded" - willing to question, explore, mine and harvest their God given intellect to better themselves first so they can better others next. The scriptures provide (but not exclusively) such a mileu for betterment. In is unconscionable on any organization's part, especially one that espouses open-mindedness to act to the contrary. A people kept in fear and ignorance are more easily controlled, manipulated and exploited.

MJW: Your style of debate reminds me of my primary school days - "I know you are but what am I"

Simon Morley

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

MadJW,

If you find a Thinker here, what will you do?

You must have asked for a reason, assuming you are a thinker yourself, of course.

I am genuinely curious as to why you asked this question.

Mad: I HAVE found thinkers here, amoung the idiots, and am LEARNING from them- and comparing notes!

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I put quite a bit of thought into my ridicule.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Same here!

• sd-7
    sd-7

The question is, what do you define as a "Thinker"? That would help people to meaningfully answer your question. Can you elaborate?

Secondly, I would agree that it makes little sense to engage in 'mindless ridicule'. One can only rightfully ridicule that which one actually knows reasonably well--otherwise, one would be guilty of making ignorant, broad generalizations.

To bottom line it, what's your point? What are you trying to prove? Where are you going with this? If you seek to interact with fellow Thinkers, it seems logical to present them with a specific Thought for discussion. It is the only way we can move forward to something that might be beneficial for everyone.

I engaged in efforts to converse with elders regarding some of my thoughts. I repeat it as often as possible, the words of an elder, "I could care less about 1914!" Yet, the JW belief in 1914 is at the heart of "this good news of the kingdom", as stated on page 279 of the book 'Benefit From Theocratic Ministry School Education'.

So, here is food for thought: how can an elder privately admit that he could care less about a key doctrine that is supposed to be the Bible's major truth for our time, yet expel a publisher for refusing to believe it? Is that evidence of thinking, or merely the hypocritical abuse of power?

Let's put on our thinking caps and answer that one, shall we?

• 70-Years-Of-Servatude
    70-Years-Of-Servatude

Mad-

Out of the many things that the WTS teaches as truth, how many of those things do you disagree with and why?

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Then why are you saying that ridicule is bad if you're putting quite a bit of thought into it?

Oh, right, your ridicule is good, ours is bad because you are you, and we is us, and WE is BAD!

Sorry, I forgot you live under another set of operating rules from the rest of humanity.

I think you should put your considerable mental skills to use destroying evil alien computers with illogic.

Seriously, there's a huge demand for that...in the 24th century.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I am a thinker...but in the land of Jehovah's Witnesses, thinking is defined as "Here my poor child who cannot think for yourself because you are not in the spiritual paradise, let us teach you how to think by letting a group of men in suits that work for a business corporation think for you. There now, you're thinking for yourself...wasn't that easy?"

I'm amazed that someone doesn't realize we were actually part of this, in my case, for 34 years so we know how it works. Really, I know exactly what Witnesses believe and why they believe it and why some of them love it and why I don't. I didn't just wake up one morning and find the secret JW decoder ring in my box of Wheaties and go, "OMG, this explains everything! It's all a lie, it's right here in the ring!"

It took a good many years of slow realization that what I was being taught by Witnesses and what I was experiencing in life and what I knew was logical and reasonable and what I read elsewhere did not mesh in my brain.

Being here and talking to ex or faded Witnesses here isn't like talking to those people you meet in field service who don't know inside and out exactly what Witnesses do and believe...we've all been there and done that.

You know, I used to go to "apostate" sites like this and think, "Oh, if I could just reason with those poor misled people, they'd come back in no time!" I was that arrogant, the WTS taught me to be.

It took me a long time to find out just how little I really knew. I didn't know half as much as I thought I did. I didn't know SPIT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit