Man Vs. Woman---The Organization's View

by minimus 67 Replies latest jw friends

• ATALAYA
    ATALAYA

you are correct that some husbands have been abuser.
    There are counsel related to this issue as well. The main point is that JW's
    really dignify the role and hard work of the sisters.

• Satanus
    Satanus

' JW's really dignify the role and hard work of the sisters.'

So do muslims.

S

• meangirl
    meangirl

Ok Atalaya one more time. Show me a DIRECT COMMAND BY GOD saying women are to be in subjection. AGAIN I am NOT saying to show me a qoute from PAUL. Oh and by the way, Paul starts off his OPINION by saying "For I (I not JEHOVAH) desire the women to be silent blah blah blah blah." OK so yes we all agree Paul gave his opinion. Again give me one DIRECT COMMAND BY GOD saying I desire women to be in subjection to their husbands. Again patiently waiting. Oh and you say the congregation supports the hard work of the sisters. They only support the hard work of the sisters if it is something they approve (i.e. raising children, ironing shirts, cleaning toilets and of course preaching). If a woman decides to have a career or go to college you know that is something they will not support. Okay, so again waiting patiently for a DIRECT COMMAND BY GOD FOR WOMEN TO BE IN SUBJECTION TO THEIR HUSBANDS AND TO BE SILENT IN THE CONGREATION. LET ME REINFORCE NOT A QOUTE OF SOMEBODY'S OPINION BUT A DIRECT COMMAND BY GOD.

• yknot
    yknot

Atalaya.....

Yes the WTS has been since the mid-90s (flip flopping back and forth after 2003) on encouraging the Brothers to view women in a 'proper light' versus sheer domination. However historically women were demoted in the Org about the time Maria Russell spoke pubically about Charles lack of Xian husband actions toward their marriage and her personally. Rutherford quoted Rudyard Kipling at the 1941 DC describing women as "a rag and a bone and a hank of hair". Under Knorr women have been banned from wearing pants (unscriptural since women's pants are cut and button different than mens). Under Franz women were compared to cows......

What is said in the WTS publications are not always what is encouraged in BOE LTRs or CO outlines......

Again, the WTS like many other religious organizations teach the subjection of women......thus women are in effect second class citizens.

I write PT talks now for several Brothers in my circuit, so while my thoughts and words of introduction and concluding thoughts are good enough for them to speak they are not good enough for me their author to utter in front of a microphone on a stage in front of platform......

• ATALAYA
    ATALAYA

I have been a JW'S for long time.
    I never read anything that was directed by the brothers in bethel that disrespect or lower our sisters.
    Just check our publications and search for the articles under the title women. Beautiful articles indeed
    dignifying our sisters.
    Well I think that have been proven the contrary of what minimus posted at the beginning
    of this thread.

Take care you all.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well I think that have been proven the contrary of what minimus posted at the beginning
    of this thread.

Huh!!!!!!!!! You haven't shown in any way that they are treated as equals in the organisation. You haven't given any reasons why a woman has to demean herself when translating by having to wear a head covering. You can not explain why a woman can not teach. Why she has to wear a head covering when teaching in front of her 9 year old baptised son. Why do women have to wear skirts, on FS, when it is freezing outside? Why can't a woman handle a micrphone, dish out literature or hold a FS territory Map.

YOU HAVE NOT MADE ANY POINT!!!!!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A. is under the mistaken impression that since he has a penis then he will have the last word on this subject even though he hasn't said a freaking thing. Not!!!

Poor puppy

• dinah
    dinah

If ATALAYA does indeed own a penis, he hasn't yet seen how us apostate women are simply not impressed.

• cantleave
    cantleave

If ATALAYA does indeed own a penis, he hasn't yet seen how us apostate women are simply not impressed.

Being the "owner" of one, I have to say how can anyone be impressed with that "last turkey in the shop" look?

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

LOL at cantleave....

"last turkey in the shop" look?

Turkey Wave Hello ATALAYA- a poster here gives penguins to newbies..... but I see the need to give you a better looking turkey!

(I dont have any TROLL SMILEYS YET lol).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit