Man Vs. Woman---The Organization's View

by minimus 67 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

When conducting Q&A's I always asked the sisters before a brother, because answering up was their only voice, the only time they could express themslves without pretending to be on the service with another sister.

There is no equality in the congregation, women are definitely second class citizens. I once asked my wife to look after a service map (because she knew the terriotory really well) and another brother criticised her for trying to take the lead.

At the end of the day all members of an organisation should be given responsibilities commensurate with their skills, whatever sex they are.

ATALAYA - Are you serious or Angel Eyes in disguise.

• ATALAYA
    ATALAYA

meangirl our sisters are happy with the role God has for them in the congregation.
    Brothers really love and care for the sisters.
    You can have your own ideas for women,but Jehovah knows more.
    Just read the many articles we have published about our wonderful
    sisters.

• ATALAYA
    ATALAYA

I don't know who is Angel Eyes.

• minimus
    minimus

ATA, what I said is the view the Watchtower has towards their women in the congregation. They are 2nd class citizens. Ask women who were JWs and have left. Brother Bozo will always have more clout than Sister Einstein.

• minimus
    minimus

A woman cannot contradict a man in the congregation, even if she is correct and he is not. The Organization is biased toward men.

• ATALAYA
    ATALAYA

My friend read your own first post. If you want to talk about rape and how we view it...
    please in another thread. By the way your post is a good one so we need to focus.

• ATALAYA
    ATALAYA

Please expand your comment:
    A woman cannot contradict a man in the congregation

• meangirl
    meangirl

Atalaya I am a sister and have talked with many sisters. When you get the "sisters" talking the way they really feel comes out. Oh and by the way the role they have in the organization today is how "men" have set it up NOT Jehovah. If you look at how Jesus treated women when he was on the earth it is opposite of how the society treats women. Basically the way the society has it set up for women can be likened to this illustration:

There is a Supervisor at a company who has a wonderful employee. That employee is hard working, smart, etc. The potential for that employee is limitless. Yet the Supervisor makes this statement "OK I am the Supervisor and you are to be in subjection to me. You will NEVER be over me. You are not qualified to make decisions and take the lead because your eyes are green and not blue like mine. Therefore that makes you inable to handle "real responsbility." You can do all you can to make me look good so when we turn in our yearly report I will come out with wonderful statistics. Ok now go and do as I say and don't question it. Just be in complete subjection. You will never go beyond date entry into the computer even though you could probably do so much more. After all, that is how our corporation have set it up. Every body has a "place" in this corporation and this is yours."

Oh and by the way Atalaya are you male or female? I am thinking male.......Go ahead and go back to your organization where if you have a penis you can make all the decisions, tell people what to do and abuse your power.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Please expand your comment:
    A woman cannot contradict a man in the congregation

You're a freaking JW, for heaven's sake. You know the score. Your attempts at theocratic warfare wont fly around here.

• ATALAYA
    ATALAYA

meangirl I am a male.
    Second let see show me with the bible
    the role of women
    as Jehovah has for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit