Man Vs. Woman---The Organization's View

by minimus 67 Replies latest jw friends

• logic
    logic

This is one of biggest gripes. I was in and associated with this so called relegion for 60 years. Anybody that

that says women are not treated like crap is a lying sack of crap. At an early age I seen the women

jumping up a waiting on their husbands like servants at get to gethers. Alot of the women still

do it today. I,ve asked alot of the men if their legs were broken. It is prettty bad when a man can,t

get his own food. Women can,t do the literature, magazines, etc. but they can dang sure clean

the bathrooms. They tried that with my wife I always told them that the men could do it, it would

be good for them. The bible does not teach this crap , it is just comes from the idiots , yes I said

idiots, from bethel. As far as paul , that was just his own predjucice comming out. Jesus never

said any such thing.

But after all that I still think there are two kinds of women in the organization. The ones that go

along with that crap and the ones like my wife who just tell me to kiss my but when I get

to thinking too much of myself. Most women run the house and the money. I tried it and did not

too good of job of it.

Sorry but I just needed to say that.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Atalaya,

I have not read all the posts in this thread because I don't have time right now, but I just saw that you are a male. No wonder you think the Watchtower organization treats women just fine. You are not a woman and do not know what it is like to be on the receiving end of their misogyny. You are a blind fool.

• yknot
    yknot

Anytime a person is restricted based entirely on gender it is discrimination and as such sends the message that they are less superior/second class.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

There was (is) an elder in my hometown that is notorious for treating his wife like crap. I think the only reason he has never been removed is because she has never complained about it and takes it all. (Her dad beat the crap outta her and her mom, so I believe this is the only way of life she knows.)

I could tell alot of stories about how he treats her, but I'll just tell this one: We were on holidays with them and having lunch when another guy staying at the same resort walked by us and said, "You ladies look like a million bucks today!" Well, she started sobbing, left the table. I asked her later what was the matter and she said,

"IT WAS JUST SO NICE TO HAVE SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING NICE TO ME."

Someone in their family made the comment to me that "Their relationship works for them."

WTF??? It doesn't matter if it works for them. IT'S WRONG!!!!!!

• minimus
    minimus

If a woman is told by men that her skirt is too high or that her long dress has a slit that reaches the knee and that it's unacceptable, who could possibly reason that women are treated with the same dignity as men? When a woman is told she can teach in a Bible study setting and that would not be against the apostle Paul's instructions, I'd like to know where that idea has been clearly defined. It is an Organizational rule, pure and simple. Just like females being told they MUST wear a skirt or a dress in 0 degree weather. Where in the Bible does it say that men can cover themselves but women cannot? Women are 2nd class citizens to men and even male children. The Watchtower Society denigrates females simply by their view of women and rape which we've considered earlier in this thread.

ATA is no dope. He quotes WT. thought quite well. He simply looks down on females just like the Watchtower Organization does.

• meangirl
    meangirl

Right on minimus. Totally organizational and man made rules on women. They love to keep us down but not me cause I am out!!! I had a thought the other day. You know how you touched on the fact that the society forces women to wear dresses/skirts and would totally freak out if sisters wore nice pant suit to the meetings. Over in Scotland men wear kilts to formal occasions. I know I have seen on t.v. they wear kilts to weddings, etc. So over there since it is common for the men to wear kilts do the women have to wear pants????? You know with the good ole boys up in Brooklyn there is no blurring of the lines with looking like a man and looking line a woman. How would they answer that one?????

• Praying4Justice
    Praying4Justice

ATALAYA, I am not a JW, but my daughter is. I have given your religion the benefit of the doubt when warned about it. Instead of basing my opinion about your religion on the negative things others have told me, I have been researching it for years now. I have come to my own conclusion which IS based on the Watchtower's articles (both on their website and their magazines) and the New World Translation and I KNOW that what is printed IS NOT what is taught. What is printed is to attract people into your organization. What is taught with your countless hours of meetings is ALL negative towards ALL non-Jehovah's Witnesses.

It's always great to come to this board and read the comments of Jehovah's Witnesses because they ALWAYS end up either contradicting themselves, talking in circles, avoiding questions and eventually just disappear. I guess maybe it's because they have to go back and do their research on how to answer questions according to the Watchtower. It's really a shame, especially when they participate in so many hours a week in studying and yet they cannot answer the simplest of questions. Sad.

• jam
    jam

Before all you women jump on me for what I am about to say think of the poor brothers.This is in

regard to proper dress for women..The church I attend occasionally have pews for thier members

and for the ladies that sit on the front row it,s ok to wear pant..There are no pews in any of the kingdom

halls..I have given talks and can be very distracting when you look up too veiw the audience and there

sister Bee, 80 years old legs wide open, she is not flirting she trying to get comfortable and then the young

sister unaware she is showing all her goodes. In defense for not only the borg. but also for any gathering for

spiritual refreshment I feel appropriate dress is good..How would you feel if A young man was giving A talk

in skin tight pant and you could see the print of his privates...I am not saying what you should wear but

what the Bro. see from the platform, and sometimes it is not pretty..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit