Man Vs. Woman---The Organization's View

by minimus 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

• God is apparently a MALE
    • God's first begotten was apparently MALE
    • The Angels' are all apparently MALE
    • The MALE is the HEAD
    • WOMEN must take orders from the above MALES apparently.

Did I miss the bit that explains why women should be happy and content with this???? I'm not sexist! but the bible and the WTBTS apparently is!

• flipper
    flipper

ATALAYA- The WT society may print material intended for elders to follow in respecting women- but they don't follow it. Many women and children have been abused physically, sexually, and psychologically inside the Jehovah's Witness cult . My sister was one of those women abused by a JW husband who beat her. And the elders allowed it and didn't do anything but blame my sister for bringing it on. Which was false. You need to educate yourself to see that your elders do NOT follow the rules they are instructed to by the governing body

• meangirl
    meangirl

Sorry to burst your little bubble Atalaya but you haven't proved anything here except your a mindless idiot. I know I know I am a meanie apostate and all but your just stupid. I could go on and on about how brothers have mistreated women......FOr example a bookstudy conductor said and I qoute "Women are good at stuff like remembering anniverseries and giving out gell well cards but men are really equipped to handle the "heavy things." Hmmmmmm that was at the bookstudy on the family life book. I hope you enjoyed counting your time today. You have completely reinforced to me once again why I do not attend meetings anymore. Thanks, you did me a great favor!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"If ATALAYA does indeed own a penis, he hasn't yet seen how us apostate women are simply not impressed."

Yes Atalaya, we apostate women are not impressed by your penis. *snicker*

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Atalaya, I will take you as seriously as your posts demand.....

You have suggested that women are "dignified" in their work. And I realize that the WT also claims that a women's role is dignified. You have been presented however, with opposite testimony. While you offer Governing Body approved propaganda, the experiences here listed on this thread are very real, and the issue minimus brought up is very important, due to the consistent abuse that women must put up with.

minimus your last post have nothing to do with your original thoughts. Your post is about women role in the congregation. There is no men vs women among Jw'S.

Yes there is, as women cannot be elders, or have any administrative role. At best, depending on the congregation they attend, they can as regular pioneers have a title and influence, but certainly, if push comes to shove and they disagree, the counsel will always be the same: Be obedient to those (men) who are taking the lead among you.

meangirl our sisters are happy with the role God has for them in the congregation. Brothers really love and care for the sisters. You can have your own ideas for women,but Jehovah knows more. Just read the many articles we have published about our wonderful sisters.

Atalaya, you presume to speak for all sisters, though you yourself are a brother. This attempt at propaganda on your part makes me take you less seriously. This isn't an argument or a defense, it is a practical composite quote out of several WT's. Guess what? You aren't telling us anything we haven't read before. Whats worse, you are actually (amazingly) more boring and less provocative then your average WT. Congratulations!

We follow Jesus example that consistently treated women with respect.

No, "you" don't. At best, "you" try to brainwash female converts to believe that their 2nd class citizenry is "respectful." Jehovah's Witnesses mistreat, abuse, and marginalize women for the sake of men in their midst.

We avoid,to follow the discriminatory traditions
    and regulations taught by the Pharisees.
    Our sisters have a great deal in the organization.
    Examples:
    Give parts in the congregations,demonstrations,they pioneer,comments on bible topics
    they helped their fellow servants ect..

What? Wrong. Women are discriminated, and all women who leave can tell you that they would much rather be treated as equal individuals then give meeting demonstrations. You are mistaken sir.

And they are happy to be part of a worldwide
    brotherhood. So the so called 2nd class citizens
    in the Organization related to the sisters
    is incorrect from your part as the view of the rest of the posters.

No, they are not happy. And they are 2nd class citizens, for the reasons given by me, and more importantly, by the women here, who can show better testimony then I why you are wrong.

Lastly, to my fellow JWN'ers, I have mentioned an experience several years ago of 2 young teenage brothers who would go into Yahoo chat rooms and pretend to be women, just to fool around and be silly. They also were trying to upset people there. The lesson? Do not throw your pearls before swine. If a poster insists on continuous simple minded quotes and ideas found in the WT, then you can tell that they aren't here to do anything other then upset you. It isn't worth it, and the lurking sisters here who are reading? They know this too.

Peace!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I understand what you're saying Jeff but I like responding to blowhards like A over there. Women in the bOrg have no voice but the women here (sisters and non-sisters) are allowed to exercise their right to voice their opinions when they feel moved to do so. My pearls are mine to cast out as I please.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Mrs Jones, you are right! I apologize for putting it the way I did....

My point in saying this isn't to stop calling him out. If I were a woman, I would be seriously insulted. I just hate thinking that there are former JW women here who would take this nonsense seriously, thats all I was thinking of.

However, I stand corrected if that was the impression I left. Sorry!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I understand Jeff, no need to apologize. I think most of the women who responded in jest to big A did so because they/we don't take him seriously. I am insulted by the way women are treated in the bOrg, that one of the reasons why I left. Humor has a way of deflating a blowhard and I hope big A was soundly deflated...but I could be wrong.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

If thats the case, I should probably insert the humor chip in my cyborg head... lol...

• dinah
    dinah

I think we deflated it, Mrs. Jones.

Jeff, your humor chip works just fine! But you aren't a cyborg anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit