Man Vs. Woman---The Organization's View

by minimus 67 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Women in the "Truth" are considered lower than men or even male children! For years, females couldn't give talks in the Ministry School. Now, interperters who are female must wear a head covering as if they were teaching, mot merely repeating for fear they might offend the angels!

Women are still viewed as "the weaker vessel", never on par with males. Even if a wife were smarter than her husband, she could not have the final say on a matter simply because she does not have a penis. If a woman has a strong personality she might very well be labeled as a "Jezebel influence" or Lot's wife or Eve.

In the Organization, women are a "large army" of preachers but they are not as useful as men. They can never get any real "privileges" simply because of their gender.

I know many intelligent women who's opinions I trust as opposed to a lot of dumb males. You would think the Watchtower Organization would get out of the Dark Ages and celebrate their womenfolk. But they can't do that....it's against the Bible. Yeah right.

• ATALAYA
    ATALAYA

But they are doing the most important work...the preaching of the good news.

Within the Christian congregation today, there are many Christian women
    who are "working hard in the Lord."
    In fact, statistics show that "the women telling the good news are
    a large army," making up the major part of the army
    of Witnesses that Jehovah is using in this time of the end. (Psalm 68:11)
    These hardworking Christian women have earned a fine name for themselves
    as they struggle to fulfill their role of wives, mothers, homemakers, breadwinners,
    as well as Christian ministers.

• meangirl
    meangirl

Soooo true minimus!!!!!! Oh and Atalaya you can qoute this one little sentence supposedly praising women. I got news for you I can qoute soooooo many more that are just downright demeaning.....You don't want to go there with me!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

C'mon, please go there. You can't go there enough.

• Robdar
    Robdar

It isn't just the Jws. Many religions and secular organizations have this problem. Women are just as guilty of giving men the superior position.

• ATALAYA
    ATALAYA

All of Jehovah’s Witnesses, men and women, count it a joy and a privilege
    to work side by side with the ‘large army of women telling the good news,’
    yes, "women who are working hard in the Lord."—Psalm 68:11; Romans 16:12.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I just love cut and paste...don't you?

• minimus
    minimus

If a woman didn't scream during a rape the watchtower said she was just as guilty as the man. Actually she should consider his feelings too!

Of course, so far, the Watchtower has changed this awful stance and a woman wouldn't be disfellowshipped for submitting to fornication.

• ATALAYA
    ATALAYA
    minimus your last post have nothing to do with your original thoughts.
    Your post is about women role in the congregation. There is no men vs women
    among Jw'S.
  • meangirl
    meangirl

Ok Atalaya let me break this down for you:

Nobody said the society doesn't allow the women to preach.....That is firmly established. That is why it is hilarious that they demean women in every other way and then say "ok now ladies go and preach cause after all the women telling the good news is a large army.".......At the same time sisters are expected to go and preach to people they don't even know (which takes courage) and TEACH. Yet in the congregation they are viewed as second class citizens who are to be demure and quiet. They keep the women in fear by saying "be careful of a Jezebel influence" (which interestingly applies to both MEN and WOMEN yet always is applied to women). Women are told to be in subjection to their husbands and go go along with a decision even if they don't agree to help make it turn out okay......Just a couple of years ago there was an article about weddings and the good ole boys up in Brooklyn made it clear that the wedding is not the bride's day at all and the groom is to have the final say over decisions made.......They have told women to respect their rapists. I can just see Loesch taking it up the rear by some rapist and saying "Yes sir May I have another!!!" If you look at the articles in the early 80's when Women's Lib was really at its height the society totally downgraded feminism. They made it sound soooo unchristian. They have never been sensitive to women's issues. They might right now at the time period we live have softened a little bit but the underlying chauvinism is there and always will be. They say don't put your trust in men yet they qoute Paul's words of hatreds towards women as gold. I truly believe Jesus would be disgusted by their views on women and maybe go up to Bethel and overturn their tables.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit