The guy that claimed he was going to bring down the WTBTS

by Scarred for life 66 Replies latest jw friends

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I can understand why someone who has devoted much (or even a little) of their life would be angry when they discovered the truth about JWs. I do agree though that bringing a religion down, however dumb, is very difficult if not impossible. I can't think of it ever happening other than as part of a natural lifecycle over time (sometimes centuries). Take a religion like Catholicism (or Protestantism) - adherents have slaughtered their way across the world and developed colossal empires (as has Islam). Do any of the adherents walk away because of this? Perhaps a few do but the true believers find some way to accommodate atrocities of all shades. One has only to look at truly preposterous faiths such as Mormonism and Scientology and the Moonies to see how persistent such organisations are. Even televangelists caught in fraud often find a way back into the affections of those whole follow their teachings.

I agree with the writer who suggested the best thing to do is to heal oneself. Offer help on an individual basis to those who need it. JWs is a very young religion in the scheme of things, it will fade and be replaced or decline into some kind of vestigial rump. People need to be weaned of it not dragged away from it like tearing off a scab. Assaults by governments or other organisations merely causes a surge of adrenalin and drives them on.

Anyway that's my two penn'orth for what its worth.

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

I guess I can’t keep up with the posts.

AllTimeJeff mentioned early on: “you can't bring down a religion no one cares about.

That is true, but…

If you set aside the religious, cult, and philosophical questions. If you ignore what is best for yourself and humanity (valid points). And assume no atomic bomb approach, ala Soviet Ban, maybe there are other options?

The WTS is a corporation. They would like to pretend that the “Kingdom is in their hearts”. But by being “smart” and having so much representation in the courts and on paper they have maybe opened some avenues that probably haven’t been exploited yet?

Namely, at the end of the day, they are a Corporation. And like any corporation they are subject to the same attacks and weaknesses. isaacaustin said above “an effort to bring down the WT would require much more support than just that of exJWs”

So I would like to rephrase the question in two parts; “How would you bring down the WTS Inc. without mentioning religion, cults or pedophiles?” and “How would you get people, that don’t care about religion, to join you?”

• cattails
    cattails

btt

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

CT

Good questions, worthy of some further thought... If I haven't responded in a couple of days, please bump this up... :)

• rebel8
    rebel8

Here we go again. You can watch another great idea fall flat on its face, live in technicolor.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/183571/1/Need-your-help-May-2010

• JWoods
    JWoods

One thing to consider is that if every last witness is not completely un-brainwashed - then even if it did fall, they would run like ants sprayed with gasoline for the next weird cultic experience - or, more likely, make up ones of their own.

You really cannot put an upper limit or quantifiable measurement on stupidly gullible.

Sad, but true.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Really? You think that every single witness must be 100% unbrainwashed and every molecule of brick and mortar demolished in order to make a difference?

Nothing in life is absolute. That doesn't make things not worth doing.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Really? You think that every single witness must be 100% unbrainwashed and every molecule of brick and mortar demolished in order to make a difference?

No, no - didn't mean it that way. What I meant was that if the whole WTS organization fell, (all at once) then their brain-washed people would just likely look for some other drug to satisfy their habit.

And of course it is NOT going to fall all at once.

So, I was suggesting that maybe it is a good thing if it just withers on the vine at its natural socialogical and demographic pace.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Face it, if you wiped out the WT corporation, some entrepreneur would see a market of millions of people who are too lazy to do simple Bible research and want it spoon fed to them, are meeting junkies, and consume prophecy smack like top grade heroin.

Another corporation will rise to "service" that market.

The task at hand is to cut off a fresh supply of victims being fooled into serving the corporation by fraud, to provide a way out for those who desire to get out, and to equip those who dislike it but find it pragmatic to stay in with what they need to avoid feeding the beast.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Another corporation will rise to "service" that market.

Hmmmm Anyone want to join my new religion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit