The guy that claimed he was going to bring down the WTBTS

by Scarred for life 66 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

I would love to see them be no more. But what about the people who aren't strong enough to move on? I think of what it would do to my Mom. I would love to see her free, but she's 63 years old and has been a very brainwashed Witness since she was 20.

Let the elderly Witnesses die off (God that sounds cold) and maybe GenX and younger would abandon it.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

This is a great thread and I hope to comment on it soon...

• cattails
    cattails

In another thread, http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/183413/1/Another-JW-email-making-the-rounds-Stay-in-the-Beehive

ATJeff said:

Bees only die in mass from RAID because there is a hive of them underneath your overhangs.

Applying that comment to the issue, the bringing down of the WTS, would result in the obliteration of a congregation at a time.

There is in fact a serious problem happening to beehives all over the world.

Colony collapse disorder (CCD) or sometimes called honey bee depopulation syndrome (HBDS)

Beekeepers can't really explain why so many hives are failing, (and it isn't because of RAID either ;-)

Some of the problems related to beehive failure that have been suggested are:

* Aggressive Africanized bees invading the territory.

* Parasites draining the energy of individual bees.

* Pesticides used against crop pests affects pollinating bees.

* Overworked bees who are trucked from field to field.

* Too much reliance on foreign bees and foreign products for bees.

* Change in climate.

Wikipedia has this interesting paragraph: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colony_collapse_disorder

A colony which has collapsed from CCD is generally characterized by all of these conditions occurring simultaneously [ 19 ] :

• Complete absence of adult bees in colonies, with little or no build-up of dead bees in or around the colonies.
    • Presence of capped brood in colonies. Bees normally will not abandon a hive until the capped brood have all hatched.
    • Presence of food stores, both honey and bee pollen:
    Precursor symptoms that may arise before the final colony collapse are:
    • Insufficient workforce to maintain the brood that is present
    • Workforce seems to be made up of young adult bees
    • The Queen is present (not a symptom, but a requirement. If Queen is not present, the hive died because it was queenless. That is not CCD)
    • The colony members are reluctant to consume provided feed, such as sugar syrup and protein supplement.

The same Wikipedia article recommends these Remedies:

Remedies

As of March 1, 2007 MAAREC offers the following tentative recommendations for beekeepers noticing the symptoms of CCD: [ 40 ]

1. Do not combine collapsing colonies with strong colonies.
    2. When a collapsed colony is found, store the equipment where you can use preventive measures to ensure that bees will not have access to it.
    3. If you feed your bees sugar syrup, use Fumagillin.
    4. If you are experiencing colony collapse and see a secondary infection, such as European Foulbrood, treat the colonies with Terramycin, not Tylan.

Another proposed remedy for the tree farmers is to simply switch from using beekeepers to the use of native bees. Native bees can be helped to establish themselves by providing suitable nesting locations and some additional crops the bees could use to feed from (e.g. when the pollination season of the commercial trees on the farm has ended). [ 90 ] [ 91 ]

In April 2009, it was reported that Russian bees that were resistant to the varroa mite had been introduced into the U.S., and that this was helping to solve the problem. [ 92 ]

Let's rewrite the article cited but in reverse by thinking of actually causing a
    "Congregation Collapse Disorder" or "Congregation Publisher Depopulation Syndrome"

The CCD problem is clearly obvious when worker bees disappear, fade away, go away, pass away.

Every congregation of JW's has publishers that pass away due to illness and aging. Some fade away

because of being disenchanted or disinterested, stumbled or abused. Others go away due to DF/DAing.

It is natural for congregations to lose publishers from time to time and each new brood of publishers

takes time and effort to bring forth. When the mass of seemingly productive healthy publishers goes

down below a certain point, contributions to the Society will likely result in their being disbanded and

other congregations taking in whoever is left.

Some of the problems related to congregation failure that may be suggested are:

* Pressure from aggressive evangelizers invading the territory.

* Parasite "students" and "needy" publishers draining the energy of individuals in congregation.

* Regulations used against trespassers affects congregation publishers.

* Overworked publishers who spend ever more money and time in field service.

* Too much reliance on foreign language groups and foreign branches for numbers growth.

* Changes in cultural climate.

Let's justify each of the above categories:

Imagine the effect of one Church in the local area that devotes time to witness in the territory against the WT and the local KH, with pamphlets, with free Bibles, with free Bible Studies and promises to teach the Truth of the Gospel without subservience to a Religious Publishing Corporation.
    Some Churches are actively seeking how to help ExJWs and JWs http://www.channelc.org/ChCForum/forum/index.php?action=display&forumid=1&msgid=1031

* Parasite "students" and "needy" publishers draining the energy of individuals in congregation.

Imagine the effect of a group of volunteers in a local area sending in Study Requests to the Branch, receiving calls, only to show up and nobody is there, and then get calls to KH saying why nobody has visited? Write Branch requesting why nobody visits. If they come again, be an HBH (home but hiding). If you want the challenge invite them on a first call, call every night with a different question. Say you've been looking things in the Internet and want sincere answers to your questions. Be "needy" ask for help, ask for elders telephone/cellphone numbers call them, ask questions. Leave messages with wives, if they call back, use CID and don't answer. Leave a message again the next day why nobody has called, write the Branch that nobody calls back. If you can stand it get involved in a weekly study and request free literature from publisher, ask for expensive books, Proclaimers, Insight volumes, LARGE PRINT 4 volume NWT, Chinese Pin-Yin Bible, Diaglott, KIT NT, write in requesting Braille. Request large print items to place with your elderly grandma. Don't contribute via publisher. Visit KH if you have to, put in blank piece of paper or better yet, a Beth Sarim check or CT Russell dollar bill into contribution box.

Imagine a campaign to give away free signs that keep away unwanted Religious Literature Publishers, call it the Neighbors Outreach Against Unsolicited Religious Literature, and the signs could read "RELIGIOUS LITERATURE PUBLISHERS KEEP OUT! PRIVATE PROPERTY: NO TRESPASSING FOR RELIGIOUS SOLICITATION. And accompany these signs with contacts who would take down infractions, make records of these unsolicited visits, and help contact authorities.

Imagine if you added to the field service chore if you requested a visit to some outlaying territory, only the car group runs into a N.O.A.U.R.L. Keep Out/No Trespassing sign, and there's nobody home except a video camera recording the infringement of posted request for no trespassing. Follow up by complaining about call.

* Too much reliance on foreign language groups and foreign branches for numbers growth.

Imagine if you had pamphlets in foreign languages, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, photocopied and given to Restaurant help and other businesses in area, reach out to people with foreign names in telephone book and warn about Religious Literature Publishers from the local KH. Don't just be content with having them say No to the WT, but actually have them contact relatives and warn them.

Imagine if you could use networking sites to expose active Publishers to Truths about the WTS. If they responded favorably encourage them, keep them as an asset for cause, ask if they'd be a mole. Those that oppose and are too brainwashed, print out chats, MySpace pages, photos, etc. and send to local elders, but not only them, also send out to older single sisters undergoing menopause. Expose school age publishers to materials from Combatting Mind Control, Crisis of Conscience, In Search for Christian Freedom. Give rebellious teenagers the fuel of Truth against the WTS.

A congregation which could collapse from CCD would be characterized by these conditions:

• Complete absence of mature publishers in meetings for field service, with little or no building-up of the publishers by the elders.
    • Absence of young ones at meetings. Get teens to actively witness to teens against the WTS with photocopies and proofs of WTS fumbling dates and flip-flops.
    • Presence of overstocking of literature, going unused and sitting on shelf at literature counter.
    Precursor symptoms that may arise before the final congregation collapse are:
    • Insufficient publishers to maintain meetings for field service.
    • Insufficient funds at end of month to cover KH expenses.
    • Counter-publishing workforce seems to be made up of young publishers with a bent on rebelling against WTS.
    • The congregation members are reluctant to consume religious literature and attend meetings.

anti-remedies

The following are creative recommendations for increasing the symptoms of CCD.

1. Combining of collapsing cogregations with strong congregations, will expose the strong congregation to disorder.
    2. When a congregation collapses make sure to arrange for new congregation to have have access to reasons why other congregation failed.
    3. Feeding local publishers juicy gossip about congregation members.
    4. Congregations experiencing problems receive visits from CO, or even better, from DO, receive complaints about elders, pioneers, exemplary publishers who aren't so exemplary.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I am with Daniel-p.

Maybe Bonafide should have kept quiet about his intentions.

Maybe somebody put tape over his mouth.

• Trojan-in-Brooklyn
    Trojan-in-Brooklyn

I agree that many members would become depressed and simply lost.....I've wished for a long time that Brooklyn and what it stands for would just disappear, but you would need to erase it from the minds of 6 million people......

....it is probably better to have a weak and corrupted WT Organisation, because as it has been said....older members will die off and newer ones will be weaker copies of the older generation....

....on a side note: i was very, very happy to see such effect in our recent circuit convention.....after the very fanatical talk of the District Overseer almost nobody clapped!!! I looked around and most of the audience was somehow "sleepy" and the clapping was only from a few.....it was so obvious that it was being talked about after the program was over...... :-)

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    ....it is probably better to have a weak and corrupted WT Organisation, because as it has been said....older members will die off and newer ones will be weaker copies of the older generation....

You're right about the younger ones being weaker copies of the old. When I told my JW acquaintances about my lack of desire to return to the meetings, they were pretty accepting of my reasons. There was no concerted effort to get me to see "the error of my ways," just a sort of "Wow, that sucks dude" attitude.

I warned them that in a decade's time, the religion would look a lot more like the Mormons. They didn't believe me. But I think I'm on the right track. After all, these were "committed" JWs who thought nothing of my leaving the org. The Borg can't keep up the control as the numbers continue to crawl upward. Soon it will be much more of a cultural identity than a doctrinal identity.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    But what about the people who aren't strong enough to move on? I think of what it would do to my Mom. I would love to see her free, but she's 63 years old and has been a very brainwashed Witness since she was 20.

I have no sympathy for those who chose it and continue to make their kids pay the price for their choice.

• cattails
    cattails

Any comments on the beehive CCD idea I posted earlier?

Comments welcome.

Bonafide still reads this forum, I'm sure.

• cattails
    cattails

"Congregation Collapse Disorder" or "Congregation Publisher Depopulation Syndrome"

The CCD problem is clearly obvious when worker bees disappear, fade away, go away, pass away.

Every congregation of JW's has publishers that pass away due to illness and aging. Some fade away

because of being disenchanted or disinterested, stumbled or abused. Others go away due to DF/DAing.

It is natural for congregations to lose publishers from time to time and each new brood of publishers

takes time and effort to bring forth. When the mass of seemingly productive healthy publishers goes

down below a certain point, contributions to the Society will likely result in their being disbanded and

other congregations taking in whoever is left.

Some of the problems related to congregation failure that may be suggested are:

Let's justify each of the above categories:

Imagine the effect of one Church in the local area that devotes time to witness in the territory against the WT and the local KH, with pamphlets, with free Bibles, with free Bible Studies and promises to teach the Truth of the Gospel without subservience to a Religious Publishing Corporation.
    Some Churches are actively seeking how to help ExJWs and JWs http://www.channelc.org/ChCForum/forum/index.php?action=display&forumid=1&msgid=1031

Imagine the effect of a group of volunteers in a local area sending in Study Requests to the Branch, receiving calls, only to show up and nobody is there, and then get calls to KH saying why nobody has visited? Write Branch requesting why nobody visits. If they come again, be an HBH (home but hiding). If you want the challenge invite them on a first call, call every night with a different question. Say you've been looking things in the Internet and want sincere answers to your questions. Be "needy" ask for help, ask for elders telephone/cellphone numbers call them, ask questions. Leave messages with wives, if they call back, use CID and don't answer. Leave a message again the next day why nobody has called, write the Branch that nobody calls back. If you can stand it get involved in a weekly study and request free literature from publisher, ask for expensive books, Proclaimers, Insight volumes, LARGE PRINT 4 volume NWT, Chinese Pin-Yin Bible, Diaglott, KIT NT, write in requesting Braille. Request large print items to place with your elderly grandma. Don't contribute via publisher. Visit KH if you have to, put in blank piece of paper or better yet, a Beth Sarim check or CT Russell dollar bill into contribution box.

Imagine a campaign to give away free signs that keep away unwanted Religious Literature Publishers, call it the Neighbors Outreach Against Unsolicited Religious Literature, and the signs could read "RELIGIOUS LITERATURE PUBLISHERS KEEP OUT! PRIVATE PROPERTY: NO TRESPASSING FOR RELIGIOUS SOLICITATION. And accompany these signs with contacts who would take down infractions, make records of these unsolicited visits, and help contact authorities.

Imagine if you added to the field service chore if you requested a visit to some outlaying territory, only the car group runs into a N.O.A.U.R.L. Keep Out/No Trespassing sign, and there's nobody home except a video camera recording the infringement of posted request for no trespassing. Follow up by complaining about call.

Imagine if you had pamphlets in foreign languages, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, photocopied and given to Restaurant help and other businesses in area, reach out to people with foreign names in telephone book and warn about Religious Literature Publishers from the local KH. Don't just be content with having them say No to the WT, but actually have them contact relatives and warn them.

Imagine if you could use networking sites to expose active Publishers to Truths about the WTS. If they responded favorably encourage them, keep them as an asset for cause, ask if they'd be a mole. Those that oppose and are too brainwashed, print out chats, MySpace pages, photos, etc. and send to local elders, but not only them, also send out to older single sisters undergoing menopause. Expose school age publishers to materials from Combatting Mind Control, Crisis of Conscience, In Search for Christian Freedom. Give rebellious teenagers the fuel of Truth against the WTS.

A congregation which could collapse from CCD would be characterized by these conditions:

• Complete absence of mature publishers in meetings for field service, with little or no building-up of the publishers by the elders.
    • Absence of young ones at meetings. Get teens to actively witness to teens against the WTS with photocopies and proofs of WTS fumbling dates and flip-flops.
    • Presence of overstocking of literature, going unused and sitting on shelf at literature counter.
    Precursor symptoms that may arise before the final congregation collapse are:
    • Insufficient publishers to maintain meetings for field service.
    • Insufficient funds at end of month to cover KH expenses.
    • Counter-publishing workforce seems to be made up of young publishers with a bent on rebelling against WTS.
    • The congregation members are reluctant to consume religious literature and attend meetings.

anti-remedies

The following are creative recommendations for increasing the symptoms of CCD.

1. Combining of collapsing cogregations with strong congregations, will expose the strong congregation to disorder.
    2. When a congregation collapses make sure to arrange for new congregation to have have access to reasons why other congregation failed.
    3. Feeding local publishers juicy gossip about congregation members.
    4. Congregations experiencing problems receive visits from CO, or even better, from DO, receive complaints about elders, pioneers, exemplary publishers who aren't so exemplary.
  • Trojan-in-Brooklyn
    Trojan-in-Brooklyn

Why the Whacktower-Imperium can't just disappear:

Thinking over this, i came to the conclusion that if governments put pressure on them or ban the religion, it would become worser. Because then, i have them going "underground" where i can't see what they are doing, the activities that only inside people get to see. They would become secretive, like in former communist countries....plus family members would all become secretive with us.....

No, no,no....i need them visible, moving and in my eyesight, much like a boxer that is going down, but needs to be "refreshed" to stand for another round of punching......the least we need is this behemot going underground, where we lose sight of them!

I think corrupting the members is where i have been puting my money on......for example the last circuit convention talked A LOT against technology and i talked to a few younger ones and they where pissed off, because cellular phones are part of their life now....and computers and playstations, etc. Let the WT piss off the younger generation and people like me do the rest by "putting the bug" in their ears.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit