The guy that claimed he was going to bring down the WTBTS

by Scarred for life 66 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

CT, I ask this question for 2 reasons

1. To avoid what doesn't work

2. To consider what is left.

I am not against bringing down JW's. But I have to wonder, is it JW's? If it weren't the WTBTS, would it be someone or something else? There is always going to be fringe groups around. JW's are the ones that we know best. Say you were to succeed, what next? Scientology? Mormons?

JW's are movers, but they aren't proactive and obviously have no foresight beyond their inane failed prophecies. Their very origins and evolution were not planned out. They were/are very reactive. They have built in weaknesses, and like the flu, have built in antibodies.

We ex JW's sometimes shake our heads and wonder at our former companions, but sometimes I wonder if we fail to realize how innoculated the GB has made their flock against common sense.

No one here on JWN got here because of a movement. We got here totally on our own. It was an individual path. And I think that is the one best model.

Only individuals leave JW's.

Liberated, borgbot JW's who need cult like structure would simply seek out another group. And there are those groups out there....

As Randy "Dogpatch" Watters brought out in one of his essays, there are people who group, gravitate to, and even need, a cult. Sad, but true.

With this in mind, I think the best hope is to catch the individuals who want to know more and leave, make the info available, and then, let the people show how honest they are willing to be at that moment in their life. (just because they don't leave now, doesn't mean it won't happen later...)

Just some thoughts... I am going to bed soon... I look forward to your thoughts on the matter.

• JeffT
    JeffT

To answer CT's question, yes a lot of big corporations have been brought down, almost all of them by their own stupidity or greed. (see ENRON). Michael Moore and Ralph Nader have been after GM for decades, GM is in trouble but the problem is their own board of directors, innovative asian companies and the UAW. The WTBS is insulated from a lot of these types of issues. The probably have enough money and lawyers to fight off the pedophile lawsuits.

I've always thought that "bringing down" the WTBS was not the best idea anyway. If the organization disappeared tomorrow the followers would go follow some one else, or become suicidally depressed. They are all too used to be told everything.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think the best way to ruin the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery is to find someone high enough up in the CID of the IRS. Once they get wind of the corporation using lies to set itself up as a "religion", they should start a nasty audit of the company. Once they find all the lies and hidden assets, they are going to get in BIG trouble with the IRS--and they might even do some good by shutting the cancer down.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

To answer CT's question, yes a lot of big corporations have been brought down, almost all of them by their own stupidity or greed

I agree, though most corporations have been brought down due to internal “whistleblowers”. If the WTBS collapses (and yes one day it will), it will be due to people on the “inside” who are disenchanted and throw enough mud to make it stick.

This site is well supported by many former insiders (whose experiences and comments have assisted me in my exit). The current retirement of many hard working genuine bethelites, will cause many insiders to stop and think “am I next”. A lack of security and disenchantment is the first step to standing back and analysing the organisation you work for, in this case bethelites/wtbs.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Marking for later. Gotta go to work!

• wobble
    wobble

The Corporations that have failed have ultimately done so because the shareholders and/or the market lost confidence in them, we have tried many ways to alert the "shareholders" (R&F Dubs) and have been successful only with a few individuals,as AT Jeff says, most find their own way out.

Maybe the way to go is to alert the Market, the general public, it doesn't take a tremendous amount of rumour to fix in the mind of the Public that something is a dangerous cult, I am sure most people feel that way about scientology for instance, but the Public seem to simply look on the WT/JW's as merely a bit weird.

We need to get the dangers of the cult more out in the Public domain, somehow. Ideas ?

WTWizard makes a great point too about their tax and charitable status position, both of which are dubious.

Love

Wobble

p.s genuine or not, (and I lean towards the NOT) I do hope Bonafide is O.K

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

As long as people believe in what they have to offer - they will keep going. The WTBTS has a captive audience - working in advertising, I know how important it is to have a captive audience to "sell" your concepts too.

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

Only a verry big schandal can bring down the WTBTS.

For instance a piture or movie with all the memebers of the board at a swimmingpool with prostitutes, drinking and smoking.

Or some members in a gay SM Cellar...

I wouldn't be surprised by the way......

• wobble
    wobble

The Dumb Dubs would say "They are only imperfect men,Jehovah brought them down, he will appoint a new GB/FDS"

Nope, gotta get the Cult idea out there, destroy their market.

Love

Wobble

• yknot
    yknot

I think his desire was sincere and just his reaction to learning about truth about the 'troof'.

I hope instead he has devoted his time and efforts toward schooling, healing, and moving on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit