Follow up to my saga

by Heartbreaker 36 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Heartbreaker, I think you and hubby did good. Now it's time to live life for real

• Open mind
    Open mind

nelly136 said: "if they want you gone they will"

True. Your knowledge of current Watchtower rules wasn't up to theirs. Pinatas are OK. Birthdays are Not OK, per the WT. (What the Bible says always takes 2nd place to the WT, remember?) You can be DFed for celebrating birthdays.

So if you wanted to avoid DFing, you'd have to do some serious apologizing and butt kissing to avoid it. I'm pretty sure you're not up to that just now, but that's the rules & regs as I see them.

All the best to you on a life free from a high-control religion.

om

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Thank you, each and every one of you for your replies. I so enjoyed reading them, and they were very encouraging.

My family is doing very well, we are happy, healthy, and well. That is the most and the least I would want, and the friends will come, we will add people to our lives because there is something solid in common, not a territory card drawing our house in the map. We will attach ourselves to things that are good for our hearts and our minds, and heal from all of this. I know this. It's the interrim that is hard. I love that I can come here, and "feel" that connection. There are already ones here I look for and feel like I can get a sense of your personalities, and it's comforting.

I do feel like I should clear two small things up....first, this visit was outside in our yard as we were cooking on the grill, so we couldn't very well shut the door. Secondly my husband DID tell them that they were just men, standing in OUR yard, and we don't answer to them or anyone else, that our personal relationship with our Heavenly Father was just that, personal. I believe he said something very near that at least twice. I have a mind to email the CO with the July 8th question from readers reply and a request to please call before coming by, as drop ins are not appreciated.

Having said that I feel the situation will soon resolve itself, either by us moving, or by them deciding to "keep the congregation clean" and weed us out. Like we didn't weed ourselves out months ago. Sheesh

• cantleave
    cantleave

Heartbreaker you did good ((((())))).

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Oh, I'm not hiding from them (elders), and I will not tell my children to shush themselves...if they feel compelled to tell the drop bys or the family still trying to have a relationship with the kids (husbands side) that they celebrate birthdays or holidays, then they will tell them what they want. First person to make my child feel badly for chosing that path will be the first one cut off from talking to them in the future. I will fiercely protect my children, that is my vow. I regret ever putting them in the situation of being around negativity, mind control, guilt, and the plain crazies. No more.

• readyornot
    readyornot

Wow! Felt waves of nausea reading your story. Manipulation, denial and blame. What will come, will come. It's all part of the process. Good luck to you.

• whoknows
    whoknows

Heartbreaker,

You and your family have a lot of courage for doing the right thing. You are so right to protect your children and allow them the freedom to be honest with everyone should they be asked about controversial subjects. You said that you have lost all of your lifelong friends. That happened to us in the last 2 years. We are in our 50s and my husband had been an elder for 26 yrs, so we were obviously heavily involved in the religion. We tried to walk away quietly and refused to discuss our reasons with anyone who inquired, but they still dug up enough gossip to have us disfellowshipped for apostacy two months ago. The first year is the hardest. We, too, have our two children out with us and that is huge. We also have siblings who were never associated. Keep yourselves busy with healthy, fun and interesting activities and in time the hurt does fade. I really feel for you, but two years plus out - and I am feeling better all the time. We have reconnected with some people and met some new ones. I get to have my first Xmas tree in 42 years this year and I am so excited. Enjoy the freedom.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I remember you posting before. You did awesome. I will say that they probably have enough with the birthday thing to DA you (or say that you DA'ed yourself), but don't worry about it. Don't even bother to find out if they every "announced" that you are no longer JW's or not.

I wish I had some answers on dealing with your parents, but you seem to be doing that right. Strength to you.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Why are these parasite neanderthal self righteous asswipes so EAGER to DISFELLOWSHIP people and not HELP them?? I dont hear any KINDNESS. I hear PREDATORS. I hear STALKING. I hear invasion of personal SPACE?

I hate this organization. With every fiber of my being. What they do to peoples lives and they represent GOD???

Oh HELL no they dont!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Sorry to hear about your suffering.

The first thing to come to mind is the idiocy of the alligator story. Like "the brotherhood" is going to protect anybody from invisible Satan when the dubs closest to you don't bother protecting anybody from a molester?

Yeah, sorry Mom, but that's a BS story. Like she'd lift a finger to protect your kids from molestation? But she wants to rescue them from Satan?

And it sounds like the CotBoE was trying to gather enough to "disassociate" you both.

Wow, what a bunch of troublemakers they all are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit