Follow up to my saga

by Heartbreaker 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Heartbreaker,

I know that some of what you are dealing with is painful - but from your words - you, and your husband (and your kiddo) both sound like strong individuals.

"So, think they have enough on us to DF us with never meeting with us again?"

Them fellas don't need much - if anything at all. But like others have said - don't fret none about it. Continue having your cookouts and enjoying life.

Iffn you're looking for a place to move to - consider Texas. We have all sorts of weather down here... San Antonio may be a bit too far south (and too hot) - Austin may be more to your liking. Plus - we have the Gulf Coast nearby - so you can go to the ocean for weekends - iffn ya want to.

If your mom wants to know where you moved to - just say 'Texas'. It's a big state. Actually, it's as big as a country.

Bottom line - make new friends and associates - that are non-jw.

Regards,

Jim TX

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

HB, if you don't like the cold, you should join me in the beautiful mountains of western Virginia. Looks like we've got a tug-of-war on our hands. Everybody wants you.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Blue - that is so sweet :) So tell me the climate of Virgina, and what the economy/living costs are like there....I'll let you tug me :)

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Jim, you are just too adorable, I could squeeze you! Love your outlook on it all, so down to earth. I've visited Texas and have one dear friend there, but husband is a hunter (and a gatherer) and really insists on being somewhere he can do that easily. Not sure Texas would fit that bill. Now, no flaming the hunting, we eat everything he gets. Last week we had breast of dove with a soft sauteed jalepeno inside, wrapped in bacon. Of course it was just a few nibbles for each of us, but it was DELICIOUS.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Giving you a shout out from Ohio. Well, it's cold and the economy sucks, but the hunting is good. We lve in a lovely little town between Cleveland and Youngstown...virtually no major crime, an excellent school system, lots of commuity activity, affordable housing and especially important, ME!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "Jim, you are just too adorable, I could squeeze you! Love your outlook on it all, so down to earth. I've visited Texas and have one dear friend there, but husband is a hunter (and a gatherer) and really insists on being somewhere he can do that easily. Not sure Texas would fit that bill. Now, no flaming the hunting, we eat everything he gets. Last week we had breast of dove with a soft sauteed jalepeno inside, wrapped in bacon. Of course it was just a few nibbles for each of us, but it was DELICIOUS."

Hey... no worries... there are lots of hunters in Texas.

Google cities like... Kerrville, and Bandera. (Bandera calls itself the 'Cowboy Capital of the world - or some such.)

Lots of pickups - and gun racks...

Regards,

Jim TX

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

That's an amazing story. So sorry that you're going through this! The pick up and move, if it's as doable as you say, has to be the best option.

It gets better. It takes years though - so live your life in the meantime while it happens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit