Marijuana---Is It That Bad?

by minimus 83 Replies latest jw friends

If it's safe enough for Snoop Dogg, Cheech, and Chong, it's safe enough for me!

Sorry double post

• redredrose
    redredrose

Just my own small personal opinion, but I feel that it ought to be legalized. I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue and having just begun smoking in the last few months I can't tell you how much good it has done me. It helps me sleep, cuts down on the pain and has relieved my depression, with no side effects. Can't say the same for alcohol however.

Legalization can be done, its just that the powers that be have too much invested in maintaining the status quo.

• trueblue
  • choosing life
    choosing life

How many states have legalized so far? Some are in the process. I hear Illinois i going to vote on it in Nov.- Jan. Passed in the senate already, just needs to pass the House. Michigan legalized.

Legalization is working, little by little. Of course, I think they should do it NOW.

It is the one of the oldest and most effective medications given to us by nature/god. It is definitely much less harmful than most pharmaceuticals that people readily swallow. It is way less harmful to the life of a chronic pain patient than the pills they give you at the pain clinics-narcotics that can be helpful, but carry a big bite in the end.

I always feel that people don't want to legalize marijuana because it makes people happy. They just seem to think that people will cheat and get happy, even if they aren't already miserable.

Why can't we all be happy if we choose to? I'm willing to share the happiness. I don't drink because of health reasons, but I don't miss it. I also don't care if other people use alcohol to get happy.

Nobody understands chronic pain until it crawls into your life and refuses to leave. Have a heart and give these people anything that relieves their suffering. Then share the happiness with the rest.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> I always feel that people don't want to legalize marijuana because it makes people happy. They just seem to think that people will cheat and get happy, even if they aren't already miserable.

Yeah, don't want happy people walking the streets... gawd know what would happen!

• trueblue
    trueblue

> I always feel that people don't want to legalize marijuana because it makes people happy. They just seem to think that people will cheat and get happy, even if they aren't already miserable.

I don't beleive it is anything personal about legizing marijuana, It is all about money...

I wish I could find this video from another thread but there has been so many on this subject,

The video telling about uses marijuana can be used for and may be able to save the world from globle warming but the oil companies would not want that. It would put them out of business.

• KDubbz
    KDubbz

I'm a former crack addict and I can say this with 100% confidence, weed isn't bad. It's nothing really compared to what I took in my body. It just helps you relax and you become more creative. It can really help you reduce your stress. Honestly, I don't see why it cannot be legalized. Most people that I know smoke weed and they are so damn cool. They have good lives and they are very happy with what they do. Some people say weed is the gateway to other drugs. From my experience, it is all about choices you make in your life and who you hang out. If you hang out with people who just smoke weed, you are not likely to try other drugs. That way, weed remains harmless. But if you hang out with people who smoke weed and take other drugs, you are VERY LIKELY to do other drugs. That makes it look like weed will lead you to other drugs but that is further from the truth.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I do partake in marijuana for sleep. I've tried all the meds and they all have side effects that made it unbarible for me. Marijuana puts me to sleep with no side effects. I use a vaporizor or edibles

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I don't smoke it any more, but I believe it should be legal.

In NZ the cops know that they have more important things to do than annoy people who want to share a joint with their friends. You have to do something pretty stupid to get busted for grass.

Trying to sneak it through Customs will do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit